Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Damn Cyclists

Radar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Acclaim
Right, so today I'm driving home, nothing out of the ordinary. I drive this same road every single day, never any problems. It's a 2 lane freeway that terminates into a 5 pronged roundabout. I'm coming out of the freeway, turning hard left, in a 'Left lane must turn left lane'.

About half a K before the roundabout, I pass a cyclist, it's fairly busy, but being a 2 lane freeway I give him a nice wide berth and carry into the roundabout. I get to the roundabout and have to wait, of course. So it's clear, I check the right, no oncoming, start to move through. Next second, the cyclist cuts me off as he is heading straight, and damn near ends up on my bonnet. He pulls up his bike, starts waving like a madman and shaking fists, and I take off.

I really, really, really hate cyclists. This dude was in the 'Left lane must turn left' bit, but decided to go straight, and decided it was my fault when he cut me off. For christ sake, what makes these people think they own the bloody roads? They have to abide by the same laws as us. He nearly gets creamed for breaking the road rules, and I cop the blame and abuse from other drivers.

Rediculous.

_Mukas_

DJ Titan...Hardstyle guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5.0L Statesman
similar thing happened to my old man, same scenario, in a round about with the "left lane must turn left"...the cyclist went inside and almost got collected and actually turned the bike around and came and started goin off, kickin the car n ****...so my old man got out, apologised to the cyclist for his(being the cyclists) stupidity, bent the blokes front wheel and said if you even think about trying to sue me or anything, it was you who pulled up on the inside, ill just say you ran into my car and then started goin nuts mate.... he started walking!

the majority of em are bendecos and just do as they please and then complain when they break a law and almost die...ha!

Torquen

Boost FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
450+ HP FORD XR6T
i feal both you guys pain but i have been on the utha end of the abuse as a cyclist who did nothing wrong. i was huggin the curb and some moron P plater thought itd b funni to zoom by inches from me horn honkin and yelling and abusing me out of a window. then turning around a smoking it up near me after a yelled **** back at him. sum ppl r just plan wankers. but i do agree with you guys on the fact that a majority of cyclists think they own the place.

EvoVIIIJDM

Got Evo?
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
Evo VIII JDM
and cyclists dont pay any rego so what the. Being a cyclist-- Downhill rider i cant really relate to road abuse as i just drive my car to the track with a few mates and we each take it in turns to drive down pick up the others and drive back up again.

MikesVT

M&M =D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing :'(
I know this thread hasnt been used in a while, but I HATE cyclists on the road. About 1 out of every 20 i see obey the road rules. The rest think they own the roads.

I have COUNTLESS amount of stories about this problem... But one that really gets to me... Driving home one night at about 2am. In the streets on dande... I'm turning left at a give way sign, I look to me right, I look to my left. I didnt see anything so I started to move off, next thing i see in the corner of my eye, a guy on his bike with NO helmet, NO lights, NOTHING, going the WRONG WAY on the WRONG SIDE of the road, and he starts yelling abuse at me. I got out of the car and all I said was "you better get back on your bike" and he shut up and greezed me off as he kept on going down the wrong side of the road. That really got on my nerves

The other cyclists that piss me off, the ones that go along beach road and decide not to keep in single formation, but decide to block a whole lane of trafic instead.

Then there are those who seem to think its ok for them to go through red lights?!?

And THEN theres the ones that ride their bikes on the footpath

And THEN... haha ok no and then :p

SweetWagon

booosted
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina Wagon Supercharged
I had an encounter the other day. As i was approaching the left turning lane at a intersection as bicycle rider was also approaching the intersection on the kerbside next to me, he obviously wanted to go straight but i needed to turn as the lights were green, so I gently went around him, clearing indicating my intentions. next thing he starts yelling and putting his finger up as i pass him, as if I cut him off. I was like what did he expect? stop in the middle of the road in busy traffic on a green light so he could get past, he wasnt even looking to see if any cars were approaching to turn left. They just dont seem to see that if they are on the road they also have to obey the road rules.

MikesVT

M&M =D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing :'(
Ahh reminds me. FIRST NIGHT I ever drove, I was turning left off a main road, I pass a guy on a bike just before I get to the street where im turning. To make sure he knew my intentions I indicated as soon as I saw him, I took the corner as wide as I could to give him as much room as possible, he didnt even need to put on his breaks and i still cleared him with room to spear and he starts swearing at me as he goes past. I told him he could go f*ck himself, my dad found it quite funny, but I was a bit pissed off.

Also seen a van turning left at a round about, guy on a bike going straight, Van starts turning, BANG the guy on the bike goes straight into his side. lol it looked kinda funny, but at the time i was worried the guy hurt himself. It was his fault and he even admitted it, but the arsehole in the van didnt even stop!!

Im fine with them using the roads, as long as they stick to the road rules. And FFS, Stay. In. Your. Bike. Lane. :|

Anyway, sorry to kinda take over the thread, just had some bad experiences with these cyclists and I get a little carried away.

MasterOfReality

Miners go deeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
2019 LC Sahara TTDV8, 1991 VP Calais V8
I do a fair bit of mountain biking so sometimes I am forced to use the road to get to tracks. If there are cars coming I hop up on the footpath most of the time.

I just cant be stuffed riding on the road all of the time, its far too dangerous.

What pisses me off is the hard core roadie cyclists that think they have a higher moral ground cos they ride instead of drive, thereby making them the owners of the road. They should be made to pay rego and taxes like everyone else. Its these type of cyclists that do whatever they want, regardless of the traffic around them.

But in saying that, I have never really had a bad experience with motorists when I am riding, maybe because I try not to piss them off.

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
my mate has minor tunnel vision plus minor colour blind (with sum colours). and he was at a + intersection and got the green light to turn left (pretty sure it was still a red light to go straight), and the bike rider decided to go straight even though he was on the left of my mate.

mate end up collecting the bike rider and his bike, demolished the front bit of the bike but no damage was done to the biker sept sum minor cuts and stuff. My mate paid to get the front of his bike fixed which cost a fair bit

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
The ones that **** me are the ones that think they're too good to ride around things. If theres a path to the left of a narrow bridge. They will still ride on the bridge. Just doesn't make sense. They think they're riding at 70km/h or something.