Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

damn engine mounts

gazagold13

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve sv6 3.6ltr
ok so ive broken a few engine mounts over the past year and abit 3 of them and im tired of it so i was looking for better engine mounts for the v6 commodore ve there isnt much at all that i can find that would be a direct bolt in if anyone has a link to some good ones that would be great i dont care about vibration at idle or louder engine noise just that they dont break and they are direct bolt in like the originals i did find some but it says there for the v8 ve http://musclegarage.com.au/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=114 but they look close would they fit i dont want to fork out a couple hundred on some engine mounts that dont fit.

gungazza

Reaction score
Members Ride
executive vt 5.0lt VZ CREWMAN
why you doing engine mounts

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
why you doing engine mounts
+1

@gazagold13 you really need to have some understanding why the mounts are failing. Otherwise using something more tough to mount the engine will just push the failure into something else...Body/chassis fatigue would be worse in my view :eek:

gazagold13

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve sv6 3.6ltr
i brake engine mounts because i drive the car rough and rather than give up my fun style of driving i would rather break something else besides engine mounts i know its backwards thinking but ehh im just asking for help with engine mounts not how to extend the life of my car sorry if that makes you think of me differently but i just need to know if there are any good engine mounts for sv6 ve commodores that you guys know of im gonna ring that place probably tommorow and ask them but if anyone has an easier solution i would love to hear it. thanks gungazza and skylarking for your concern but im pretty shore there breaking from me not something wrong with the car.

Ryan Licastro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE-SS S2
The link @gazagold13 posted actually shows them branded as "tuff mounts" o_O Is their more than one manufacturer selling tough mounts :eek:
Not sure...I had to replace my front right one. Hydraulic fluid leaked everywhere...I got one online from eBay...if you shop around you can get a pair for $150

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
As you mentioned "i drive the car rough and rather than give up my fun style of driving"
Have you thought of driving like how you should drive, and be courteous to other road uses ?
And not place other road users in danger ?, including your passengers.

Picture this, what if another driver drove like you, and injured/killed one of your family members ?, or friends in the car.
You would be unhappy with the situation, how about re-thinking your style of driving,
Because it will only be a mater of time, you may have to walk or catch public transport,
that's if your not killed with your "fun style of driving".
And don't forget who has to pickup the pieces when you lying on a cold slab in the mortuary.

Last edited:

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
I've known of people going into walls at race tracks because things broke on their car. They needed to understand the issues they were suffering and why things broke. Most did but not all bothered to try and understand. Without such a desire to understand, i've seen people chase their tails trying to resolve things.

Things break, usually for a reason. Is there odd engine vibrations that casue your mounts to fatigue, have you increase horsepower beyond what the mounts/body/chassis can cope with or is it just a lack of mechanical sympathy by dumping the clutch at every opportunity that is ultimately causing the damage? Just curious cause even abused cars tend not to break engine mounts :rolleyes:

As is, a vehicle may be easier to control with a broken engine mount as compared to a snapped chassis. So from my perspective it's not really a concern about extending the life of your car. Rather, it's one of extending the life of maybe you, the driver, or one of your passengers or some other road uses (if you're actually juvenile enough to be driving like a odd legume (!= fun style) on public roads. But hey, that's just me, YMMV...

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
i brake engine mounts because i drive the car rough and rather than give up my fun style of driving i would rather break something else besides engine mounts i know its backwards thinking but ehh im just asking for help with engine mounts not how to extend the life of my car sorry if that makes you think of me differently but i just need to know if there are any good engine mounts for sv6 ve commodores that you guys know of im gonna ring that place probably tommorow and ask them but if anyone has an easier solution i would love to hear it. thanks gungazza and skylarking for your concern but im pretty shore there breaking from me not something wrong with the car.

Try solid engine mounts, that'll give you a buzz.