Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Damn, first accident, luckily not my fault

TheForgotten

only human......
Reaction score
Website
www.holdenscene.com
Members Ride
VR EXEC
Famine said:
So, here I was driving to uni this afternoon, minding my own business but then a lady driving a rav 4 in the left hand land next to me decides to merge into the right lane (my lane) without looking at all, directly into the side of my VR.
I had somethin similar happen to me about 2 months ago, while I was ridin my scooter. old guy in an old camry or similar, merged onto me, I saw it coming and was watching him, but he looked at me and kept coming. traffic lights about 50m up the road, I come up beside him and really fed it to him. took the scoot home, haven't ridden since, and it's now in pieces

millencolin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Exec 3.8L V6
hi, just a quick note, did u all know (with nrma any way) that if some one hits u and obviousley not your fault they claim it against u,

c my commodore ran out of rego and so on so i did it all again and she quoted me a higher price for the insurance (only $20 bucks differentce but not the point) and i asked how come she then proceeded to tell me we have 4 claims in the last 5 yrs i was like F****ng what! i said only one of those was our fault and she calmly said thats the policy u made the claim throuh us so even though its not ur fault its still a claim, i said that doesnt make sence and she agreed but thats the policy.........that sucks big time!

my 2cents worth.
al

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
tr3nt said:
Whenever there is someone who posts up an incident about a 4WD.. whether it's accident (life dangering) or law breaking.. there's always a thread about it where bunches of people pipe up saying how much they think they should be taken off the road.. im simply saying "lets wait for it".

Still none mate...how awkward. Hope you're not still waiting.

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
holden007 said:
wow, one crazy VL driver. RAV4's are tuff

Ill agree with that one, the Rav 4 that hit my car really knocked my car about. Spun my VR 180, I could hardly drive it off to the side of the road. The Rav 4 looked like it bumped a traffic sign at 10km/hr. Hardly a dint. She drove off, probably didnt even get it fixed.

KingDiamond

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR
tr3nt said:
Here comes the 4wd haters thread!

Spewing to hear about it mate! Chin up, as you said.. 'least she's getting the previous scratches fixed!

Rav4s... I don't consider them to be a 4by at all. I consider them to be a Corolla with AWD and fatter tires.

JD

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ccgm.au.tt
Members Ride
1.6L Turbo Holden Croooooooooooze
im surprised on how tuff they are always seemed to drive and feel like POS:yeah:

Famine

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina V6
Still no pics, but the insurance is all sorted. Took it in yesterday so the smash repair guys could assess it and photograph the damage. The lady who hit me admitted full fault so its all going through her insurance, its not costing me a cent. The only bad thing is that it will take 4-5 days to fix, so I have to borrow my mums EA falcon for the week to get to uni, that car has NO balls :p

At least all my existing scratches will get fixed :D

Hytes

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VS Berlina S1
My car was reversed into while i had it parked in an angled parking bay, woman told me her car rolled back into mine, yeah right. Anyway, rear left hand side quarter panel was damaged (60%). Had it all fixed through insurance, payed nothing and didn't drop any ratings (Rating 1). Worst part of it was driving around for a month waiting to get it booked into smash repairers. Good as new now :)

CHANDLC

BushBasher
Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 V6 VS LEXCEN
I don't think 4wds are the problem I think it's more to do with the drivers and I find that it's not just the young ones I've had more close calls with older drivers than the young ones and I'm not saying older drivers or young are bad drivers there are alot of good ones but it's just alot of my close calls have been with older drivers, any way thats my 2 cents