Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Damn, first accident, luckily not my fault

Famine

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina V6
So, here I was driving to uni this afternoon, minding my own business but then a lady driving a rav 4 in the left hand land next to me decides to merge into the right lane (my lane) without looking at all, directly into the side of my VR. Scratched and dented the rear panel that meets up with the boot, the rear passenger side door and the front passenger side door. They will all need panel beating and respraying by the looks of it. I was pretty pissed off but she admitted it was her fault, we swapped details etc.

Hopefully insurance wont be hard to deal with. I dont like driving a car that looks like it hasnt been looked after. There was a few small scratches on the door at the time, so I guess its good that they will be getting fixed.

Ill get pics up when I get home.

VN_Luke

ƃuoɹʍ ʇsnɾ sı sıɥʇ
Reaction score
Members Ride
Get in the ute
sad to hear mate,

but at least she was insured, and hopefully after a couple of phone calls and quotes, you'll have a hire car, and your car will look shinier than ever!

Centurion

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR commodore V6 3.8lt Manual
What colour was the rav 4?

KingDiamond

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR
Rav 4 drivers must suck everywhere.

One did the exact same to my dad, and claimed she was in the right...

Anyways, hope all works well for you... With the panel beating etc.

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
Here comes the 4wd haters thread!

Spewing to hear about it mate! Chin up, as you said.. 'least she's getting the previous scratches fixed!

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
Wow. I had my only accident in my VR about 2 years ago and it was by a silver Rav 4 running a red light, hit me in the back passenger door. Bout $4k damage (insurance). Spun me 180.

Whats with the Rav 4's. Bad drivers or bad cars?

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
Whenever there is someone who posts up an incident about a 4WD.. whether it's accident (life dangering) or law breaking.. there's always a thread about it where bunches of people pipe up saying how much they think they should be taken off the road.. im simply saying "lets wait for it".

VRAddiction

its never fast enough
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy SS Manual Ute
i had the same thing with me but in a liteace van and they decided to give me there details and piss off.....no insurance!! but lucky that i had insurance i didn't have to pay a cent!!.....i hated it too with the damage on the side people thinkin im a crap driver and my poor commodore :'(

evil_monkey

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
driving home from work in my immaculate vn 5spd berlina dude in VL commy side swiped me, he planted his foot and pushed me out of the way into the medium in the middle wedged in between two tree's because he wasent paying attention and swerved to not hit the car in front of him $3500 worth of damage

holden007

VRII
Reaction score
Members Ride
Subaru Liberty
evil_monkey said:
driving home from work in my immaculate vn 5spd berlina dude in VL commy side swiped me, he planted his foot and pushed me out of the way into the medium in the middle wedged in between two tree's because he wasent paying attention and swerved to not hit the car in front of him $3500 worth of damage

wow, one crazy VL driver. RAV4's are tuff, my friends sister knocked over a brick fence, there was only a couple of scratches on thr bumper bar, no dints or broken bits, I was amazed.

My dad hit my door (Rear Right) while reversing, the whole door was pushed in and had to get replaced, and my dad's Camry (1992) had a little scratch on his rear bar which we touched up with white paint.