Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Damn thing dosent start right now?

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
I replaced my battery about a month ago, with a new 460CCA one. All was fine, until about a week ago. First it wouldnt start, battery was flat after i drained it playing the Stereo for too long waiting for the Mrs to come out of work. So jump started it by NRMA, who also said the alternator is fine. Then a few days later, it went flat again, and i hadnt been using anything. NRMA said it was just loose at the terminal, and that the battery was fine, as to the alternator. And now, when i go out i the morning to start it, it makes a clicking niose, instead of turning over, and i have to keep messing around with the key, until it fires up..then when it starts, i have to keep the revs up, for atleast a minute, otherwise i just dies. and it doesnt splutter or anything when it dies, its just instant, revs drop completely and then its gone. I dont know what to do as NRMA keep telling me its fine. My car used to start first time everytime, and never skipped a beat the whole time i've owned it. Is my engine going to car heaven:rip: ???

maldotcom2

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cammed mafless VS Calais 5-speed.
The clicking is a relay, and you get that sound when your battery is indeed flat, but obviously yours isn't. So it's probably a simple loose connection somewhere, but NRMA are only good for the basics.

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
any ideas what i could check, because yeah it only started happening all of a sudden...

camstatic

I'm back babeh.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
Sounds like a dodgy starter solenoid to me. Verify this by checking battery voltage when it won't start with a voltmeter, how many is it reading?

rob drag racer

vn vp drag nut
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
vp 3.8 with gas new project vn s1 guted strip only
i had this problem with my new vn s1 race project turned out the earth to the motor/engine mount back to battery had a heap of oil and dirt at the engine end the only way it would start was by jumping it and after tare assing about in a paddock it wouldn't even click it just did nothing unless the jumpers was on it

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
You mentioned engine mounts, i recently had mine done, could they have stuffed something up? I'm thinking of booking it into Ultra tune shortly, as it has a slight missfire at idle, which i want to get fixed, so hopefully they can look into it for me..

rob drag racer

vn vp drag nut
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
vp 3.8 with gas new project vn s1 guted strip only
You mentioned engine mounts, i recently had mine done, could they have stuffed something up? I'm thinking of booking it into Ultra tune shortly, as it has a slight missfire at idle, which i want to get fixed, so hopefully they can look into it for me..

that can also be caused by not having a full earth as well mine had a slight miss before i fixed that now its gone that's all ive changed so i assume that's what caused it and its possible they didn't file the paint off where they bolted it to ie the engine mount