Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Darrens' VY S S/C V6

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Darren.....what have I said time and time again about having the sub facing into the cabin argh!

I probably should put the rig in here someday.....When I can find it amongst the snow

TigerVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX Commodore
Whats the big problem(s) with facing the sub foward?
I was planning to do that to my VX.

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
18.4L/100km ? Was that in economy mode ? LOL

Whats the best figures /100km you've seen in your daily driving after the mods ?

EvoVIIIJDM

Got Evo?
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
Evo VIII JDM
makes no difference which way the sub faces. Looks good Darren, I will keep an eye out for it now when im in the burbs.

Darren

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
BYD Atto 3 / RAV4 Hybrid
lol economy, I would hate to see it in power mode.

I have it sitting on 15.2L / 100km at the moment, in my defense I do 7km's to work and 7km's back to home, just coming down the street to my work the temperature has just come up to 'normal' operating temperature which can't be doing it a great deal of good. I have hopefully going to go away for a few days so the fuel economy should really shine then.

I tend to be fairly sedate with the pedal but being stuck in traffic most of the time tends to send it through the roof despite the short distance.

Marks-VY

I love cars
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 Berlina
highendrev said:
makes no difference which way the sub faces. Looks good Darren, I will keep an eye out for it now when im in the burbs.

Note the sub can face any way, provided the polarity has been set up to work with the other speakers, or else you will "cancel" the soundwaves.

Very nice. Is that aftermarket leather? It looks too good to be factory. Have you got anymore photos of the leather interior?

Aggro_VE

The Overseer
Reaction score
Members Ride
A lazy VE
Coming along very nicely Darren, so much easier when you start off with a great platform the S/C 6 :). For $800 for a set of 16" tyres they would want to be dam good tyres. Dam nice colour Quicksilver.

Darren

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
BYD Atto 3 / RAV4 Hybrid
Marks-VY said:
Is that aftermarket leather? It looks too good to be factory. Have you got anymore photos of the leather interior?

Yes, it's original Holden leather, silly me left my windows down and got crap from tree's on it the other day (not happy), now I just need to find some good leather cleaner.

I don't have any other pics but I'm sure I could grab some more.

ShanghaiVZ said:
Coming along very nicely Darren, so much easier when you start off with a great platform the S/C 6 :).

It certainly is coming along nicely, a few things left to do and then I'll enjoy it I think.

ShanghaiVZ said:
For $800 for a set of 16" tyres they would want to be dam good tyres. Dam nice colour Quicksilver.

They were Yokohama C.drive which aren't too bad actually ($205 or $210 each from memory), still with the extra power from the mods it's not difficult to spin them off the lights without even thinking, traction control cuts in backfiring it's guts out and off we go again.