Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

dash buttons

ruggj

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Exec 01
Ive been looking at woodgrain dash fascias, the only problem i can see is that because my car is a police pack, i have the interior light kill switch. I was wondering, will it fit into where the spot light switch is? will the cable reach or will i have to 'extend' it (although don't really wanna cut the thing up lol).

thanks guys

Attachments

• interior switch.jpg
    interior switch.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 452
  • 0a70_1.JPG
    0a70_1.JPG
    18.3 KB · Views: 322

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
Also u'll just have 2 make sure u use the same switch surround thats used 4 the fog light switch, coz the dash has curves those switch surrounds do vary in shape.

Holdens Rule

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais V6
Just out of curiosity do you ever use that switch? I know the reason cop cars have it but don't see the point of it even for them.

ruggj

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Exec 01
Also u'll just have 2 make sure u use the same switch surround thats used 4 the fog light switch, coz the dash has curves those switch surrounds do vary in shape.

yeah, ill have to check it out, or maybe i could use the same switch and just wire it up to the old wire? they both have light pictures on them lol.

Just out of curiosity do you ever use that switch? I know the reason cop cars have it but don't see the point of it even for them.

yeah i use it pretty often, whenever ive got the doors, boot, glove box open for a while i turn the lights off.

ruggj

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Exec 01
actually after looking at it a bit, it looks like the fog light switch is a little rounder, so i might have to rewire the old switch to the fog light one

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2

The reason police vehicles have the kill switch is an officer safety issue. It enables the police to attend a scene where they may be at risk, and ensure that no interior lights come on when they exit or enter the car.

Police often are called to incidents where they have no idea what they will encounter. If there is a person armed with a firearm, for example, they can shoot at the police as they exit the car if the interior lights come on when the door is opened.

Holdens Rule

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais V6
As i said I know the reason for it but I think it's a bit far fetched personally. They don't drive right up to situations like that they normally surround the scene from a distance and call for back up. I know there is always the safety issue for them but I also think some people watch too many movies but this is going off topic.

Was just curious if anyone every used it. If I leave my doors open for a while I just turn the interior light off and my boot being open usually takes a while to flatten my battery but my stereo does run off a separate battery so my main battery doesn't really drive much at the best of times. As for glove box that one really has me wondering why anyone would leave it open for a long time.