Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Dash Cluster Change..??

Craig Olds

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB RS Wagon
Anyone yet been game enough to try and switch/upgrade their dash cluster..??

I have RS and want to try and plug in RSV dash cluster. What could possibly go wrong...

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
Anyone yet been game enough to try and switch/upgrade their dash cluster..??

I have RS and want to try and plug in RSV dash cluster. What could possibly go wrong...

if i can find a reasonably priced one i will give it a shot, in previous gm vehicles i have been successful but i wont know until i get my hands on one.

VFRDLN

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB CalaisV Tourer
It may require reprogramming. There is software avaliable to do this but I haven't been able to find anyone local that will do a ZB. I want to get the speed sign recognition and tyre pressure monitors activated in my car. I have seen on UK Insignia forums people changing the information layout and features.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
I scored one for 100 bucks so i can screw around with it.

Craig Olds

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB RS Wagon
There are a few that you can pick up from the US. And White Automotive will reprogram it for you if you send it there first, they even recognize Australian VINs for the reprogram...

alsd

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB RS
Where abouts would one find such units?

Can you keep us posted? I’d be very keen on this too!

alsd

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB RS
Cool thanks!

If you could get one for $100 you’d be doing well.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
in most other clusters the vin is stored in plaintext inside a eeprom chip which can be programmed directly and if this is the case with the zb i will post info on how to do it like i did with the vf cluster.

the upgraded cluster has a mini usb which sends a lvds(video signal) and my service manual lists the function as "Auxiliary Video Signal".
this looks like it is used to send the image to the full color hud so that upgrade might be possible in the future.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
i have been playing around with the upgraded cluster and you can flash your vin to the eeprom which makes most of it work but so far the main issue is the menu buttons dont control the cluster so it might need programming by someone with access to a gm mdi tool which i do not have.

i will keep stabbing at the eeprom to see if can find a flag that enables the controls but for now it is only half working.