Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Dash Cluster Removal?

Djajus123

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Berlina
Hey Everybody just wanting to know how you access the dash cluster? as something is moving inside and I don't know what it is, Is there any screws behind the A/C controls?

Thanks!
IMG20220123191245.jpg
IMG20220123191327.jpg

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
It’s been a very long time since I have removed a cluster from a VL, but from (a very distant) memory, the bit of plastic that goes over the top of the cluster is also part of the central vents, so they all come out as one piece. I don’t recall it being particularly difficult to remove, but I do recall that the central vent part needs to be removed with a little bit of care as the clips can catch on the dash pad material. So exercise a bit of care when removing - especially on that gem.

From memory, once the cover piece is removed, the screws holding cluster are pretty obvious

BTW that does look like a fantastic example of a VL!

Last edited:

Zack Riley

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Berlina, VX XU6, VX Clubby, VE Sv6
Ive had mine out a few times in the last few months. From memory these are all the bolt locations. As Chrisp said, the vents need to be removed with care. If you have any trim removal tools you need to put them between the dash and the vents as they have a tab on the back of them that lines up with the lip on the dash. If you dont have a trim removal tool, a flat head works.

Attachments

• vlcluster.jpg
    vlcluster.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 131