Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Dash Colour

chris robins

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF GTS-R
Hello Boys & Girls, I am trying to build a VC HDT Brock Copy, I am wanting to know if any one can tell me the colour of the dash please ? Perhaps someone has the formula, so I can have someone mix it for me. Shane at Wix Trimming who did my seats and trims called it 'Carmine' some have said 'Cabernet' the interior code is
1189-77Y for a Firethorn Red or 1930-77Y for Palias White car, the 77Y means Carmine Vinyl with Red Velour but does not help with Dash Colour. Can someone help please ? I also need the blue colour for the engine colour if someone can help with that please ? Regards Chris

SL/ENUT

The SL/E Fanatic!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E 5L
The dash would be dark carmine. Only real way to get it is get a dash part and get it colour matched.

Engine colour is GM blue

chris robins

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF GTS-R
Thanks SL/ENUT, I live in Kingaroy QLD, I don’t know anyone who has a VC with a red interior, the car I have has a blue dash which I need to change. I might send an email to the car club I am in and see if someone knows some one who has a VC with a red interior. Thanks for your help. Regards Chris . Perhaps someone out there in this forum has the paint formula

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
The Dashboard Doctor may be able to help.

Shane Lovell

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 VH Commodore
Hello Boys & Girls, I am trying to build a VC HDT Brock Copy, I am wanting to know if any one can tell me the colour of the dash please ? Perhaps someone has the formula, so I can have someone mix it for me. Shane at Wix Trimming who did my seats and trims called it 'Carmine' some have said 'Cabernet' the interior code is
1189-77Y for a Firethorn Red or 1930-77Y for Palias White car, the 77Y means Carmine Vinyl with Red Velour but does not help with Dash Colour. Can someone help please ? I also need the blue colour for the engine colour if someone can help with that please ? Regards Chris
Hi Chris,

I have only ever known the colour to be "Carmine Red" sorry to confuse you, I have a complete Carmine Red interior for my VH build.
Cheers
Shane

chris robins

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF GTS-R
Thanks for your help Shane, I will go back to the paint shop and see if they have a formula for Carmine Red.

Gozza1

Reaction score
Members Ride
1979 Commodore VB
There is a seller on eBay that sells it, 50 bucks a can I did mine with it , it came out really good, what colour are planning to paint it? I am doing mine in white

Shane Lovell

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 VH Commodore
There is a seller on eBay that sells it, 50 bucks a can I did mine with it , it came out really good, what colour are planning to paint it? I am doing mine in white
Hi Chris,
good that you found a colour that looks the part, what was the colour name that you used?
My car, I imported a 2 door Rekord from the Netherlands and have had the left hand drive
front taken off and a right hand drive VH front fitted, it will be painted metalic silver, Group C
body kit, 308 (carbi) M21 4 speed.

Cheers
Shane

Reactions: Lex

chris robins

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF GTS-R
Hello Gozal, Yes I am going to paint our VC in Palias White hith HDT Stripe. Regards Chris

chris robins

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF GTS-R
Hi Chris,
good that you found a colour that looks the part, what was the colour name that you used?
My car, I imported a 2 door Rekord from the Netherlands and have had the left hand drive
front taken off and a right hand drive VH front fitted, it will be painted metalic silver, Group C
body kit, 308 (carbi) M21 4 speed.

Cheers
Shane
Shane, The seller on eBay BCS Auto Paints needed me to send him a Carmine vinyl sample, I could have done that but found the correct formula at Crowies Paint for 'Dark Carmine' in Kingaroy. Can you show me a photo of your Rekford please ? Regards Chris

Reactions: Lex