Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Dash Display malfunction

RenegadeRicochet

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB Calais Tourer
First time poster but been reading the site for a while before i created my account.

Last week i had an odd situation with the Dash Multifunction display. While i was driving i noticed that i did not have anything on the "information" pages of the display. No distance til empty, etc. None of the usual pages info was showing, just a blank screen. I could change to Phone, Audio, Nav and settings. They were working but maybe not as they normally would.
Under settings it was giving the option of changing the display units Metric, US and Imperial. It also had the option to turn Adaptive Cruise Control on, i have a Calais Tourer, not the V version. Also had a 'key programming' page to program extra keys to work in the car.
It seems somehow my car had got into a setup mode, like my old VZ had Diag mode. I turned it off and on a few times, and it stayed like it. Took the keys out and locked the door. Opened again and it was still like it. I left it for a few days as i didn't need to drive. And when i got in the display was back to normal.

I am just wonder WTF was happening. How did it get into this odd mode. Was quite strange.

StrayKiwi

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY18 ZB VXR
Probably worth a call to your dealership/service center.

I've never experienced anything like that so far touch wood.

RenegadeRicochet

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB Calais Tourer
I cannot replicate it again.
It is not like i was holding down any buttons while starting, like the VZ you held down menu and enter to get into diag mode.
Must have been a full moon or something.

Stroppy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Evoke Sportwagon
Get the dealer to re-flash the display firmware...ten minute job.