Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Dash light adjuster

theking

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 Caprice SS
Hi guys,
I hope you all are having a pretty good time and a fun summer.

I'm having some trouble with a button on my car, and I couldn't seem to search for it appropriately on Google. I was hoping to get some help here.

The 2 upper buttons "+,-" with the moon next to them, above the headlight switch are not working for me.
I pressed them both, and tried them one by one but still not working.

738541469.png

I removed the negative of the battery for the night, and when I plugged it in the morning it worked fine for a minute or so and then it just stopped. Not working any more.

I was wondering if it could be a fuse or something easy like that, I hope I can get some feedback from you guys. Thanks and your help is much appreciated.

2010_SSV

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore SSV Redline 2014
Could be the actual switch that is on the way out. As for summer it's our winter down under and FREEZING.....lol

theking

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 Caprice SS
Could be.
But the weird things is that, whenever I unplug the battery then plug it in again, the switch would work for a sec, but then fail again.

Just weird.

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
Could be the actual switch that is on the way out. As for summer it's our winter down under and FREEZING.....lol

You live in Sydney. It's NEVER freezing there. Sydney and Melbourne are mild winters.

ChRiDDa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS-Z Sportwagon
Might sound stupid, but are you pressing the buttons momentarily or are you holding them down?

theking

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 Caprice SS
Might sound stupid, but are you pressing the buttons momentarily or are you holding them down?

I tried all kind of ways. One press, and holding it down, everything. It's really weird how the electricity is manufactured in these cars. :banstick:

theking

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 Caprice SS
Hey guys, sorry to bump this thread again. But I will appreciate any help.

I found out that the + sign is the only button that's working, while the - button is not. Do you guys know if it's a fuse issue? Or am I going to have to replace the whole switch?

Thanks.

Zerone_V

Reaction score
Members Ride
Lexus IS350 (SL)
Highly unlikely that it will be a fuse, as it is a control signal that is sent to the BCM (And the BCM will brighten or dim the lights depending on what has been set).

99.99999999% most likely that the switch is stuffed and will require replacement.

Have a look at Fleabay, you should be able to pick up a used one for around $30 to $40.
(Just make sure that it has the spot lamp switch option, as Omega models didnt have the spot lamp pull out option, and there are quite a few of those about).