Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Dash Lights Problem (maybe headlight related)

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Ok, problem is this, noticed my left headlight wasn't working, so i grabbed the spare globe, and chucked it in.

Turns out it was just the wiring was dodgy, as the new globe didn't work either, til i moved it a little.

Anyway, put everything back in, get back in the car and now the dash lights weren't working. All the warning lights, and indicators still work, but the speedo etc aren't now. Anyone know why they aren't working? And yes, i checked the fuse, all are fine. Also cheked the dimmer switch, it doesn't change anything(interior light still works also).

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
Project VL Show car, VS Exec, VY Ute, YZ250F
this happnd on my old vl, dimmer switch has a board on the back and the lever moves across it causing it to veary the power transisted, the cable had been blow/melts so my dash didnt have any lights, just got a second hand one from the wreakers and was fixed, just take it out and look for a brake in its wiring

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
VL Berlina 5speed said:
this happnd on my old vl, dimmer switch has a board on the back and the lever moves across it causing it to veary the power transisted, the cable had been blow/melts so my dash didnt have any lights, just got a second hand one from the wreakers and was fixed, just take it out and look for a brake in its wiring

yeah simialr here too.... cept mine caught fire :p ended up having the dash lights re-wired in to the parkers.

D.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
thanks guys, will let you know how i go.