Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Dash Lights

dj_eddie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina S2
Hey All,

I need to change the dash lights on my VTII Berlina with original type bulbs (no LEDs). I have scanned through the forums and found that its too expensive to buy the bulbs from Holden, so if anyone can tell me the part numbers from any electronics (DS, Jaycar etrc) stores that would be great.

Cheers.

WinterVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
N/A
I think you might find it a bit hard to source any of the original parts from any place but Holden, or a wrecker. Ive had a few bulbs go in my dash etc and
looked around at JayCar etc and wasnt able to find any genuine parts or anything else that resembles the orginal globes and holders. I know what you mean
about the ones from holden.... anywhere near the $17 mark..... ouch!

I guess the only other way would be to get some 12v globes, and fit them to the original holders. I havent tried this myself, so cant offer advice on that one.

Reaction score
Members Ride
falcon
i got some from holdens at 8 bux each
also bmw sell tha same ones 4 bux
:)
thats where i get mine from

dj_eddie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina S2
I found a place in Ashfield NSW called Wagner Electronics. www.wagner.net.au

They have following WIRE TERMINAL light bulbs (the images in the catalog: section 2-20 look like the ones we need):

60mA 2.3mm
30mA 3mm
60mA 3mm
60mA 4mm
60mA 5mm

which one of the above specs can be used??

Im gonna ring these blokes up tomorrow and find out how much it is, they come in bags of 5.

Looks like they also sell the wedge type lamps for the park lights.

Cheers

WinterVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
N/A
Nice find..... as for the size of the globe, i dont know, it would either be the 2.3mm or the 3mm.

Let us know how you go.

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
how many do ya need? ive got a few spares from conversions layin round, r they only 4 the cluster that u need?

dj_eddie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina S2
how many do ya need? ive got a few spares from conversions layin round, r they only 4 the cluster that u need?

Hi wrx884,

I actually need the whole lot!!

6 for climate control
1 for trip computer
1 for light headlight switch
1 for hazard light

Thanks for the offer though. Let me ring up these wagner blokes first for a quote. Im pretty certain they wont cost an arm and a leg purely because they are selling them in lots of 5.

Ill definitely hit you up for a couple if they turn out being too dear.

Cheers

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
have u actually pulled ne of the old globes out? if u do get lots of 5 thats good n all u'll have a fair few spares but each uve said r different size globes and have different globe holders, might pay 2 pull urs out and take them 2 where eva ur gonna get them from would b easier 2 match up then. id even give jesterarts a PM tho theres a thread floatin round showin how 2 put in the globes into the holders he got from DS seemed like the cheaper way ive seen so far, just another option 4 ya, cept LEDs would b cheaper again :p lol

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
theres been a couple thread talking about this sorta stuff...n i think in each i've said the same thing...

I went down to dick smith, picked up 2 packs of 5mm globes and wired them into the plastic holders the current genuine globes are sitting in...

Its not the globes that costs it the damn lil plastic holders, the globes are just standard 5mm...

Easy as pie

dj_eddie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina S2
theres been a couple thread talking about this sorta stuff...n i think in each i've said the same thing...

I went down to dick smith, picked up 2 packs of 5mm globes and wired them into the plastic holders the current genuine globes are sitting in...

Its not the globes that costs it the damn lil plastic holders, the globes are just standard 5mm...

Easy as pie

Your right, all im after is the globes.

I rang wagner and they said a pack of 5 5mm globes were $4.25 so i guess ill be visting them soon.

The only tricky one i need to figure out is the one behing the trip computer buttons and hazard button. They sit in a blue globe holder.

Anyways, i might take some photos of the procedure for you all when i do them over the weekend.

Cheers