Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Dash loom and engine loom

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
Hey all, having more problems with my VL. Yesturday the switch that controls the power: ACC, ON, START melted. I can't see why this has happened. Switch has been replaced and now the car won't start. Friend of mine has told me i may need a new distributor.

I need a dash and engine wiring diagram to check the rest of wiring, so i have no more surprises. I want to make sure that i'm not going to have anymore problems with the wiring in this car.

HOLDEN4life

Power of The CALAIS
Reaction score
Website
www.shantek.holden4life.com.au
Members Ride
Vl Calais
not exact diagrams but they give you a rough estimete where all the wires are :)

scan0002copyDesktopResolution.jpg

scan0003copyDesktopResolution.jpg

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
Mate, thats just wat i needed. Now my VL looks funny with no dashboard or engine wiring. Trying to find a replacement dash loom for it now. Appernetly it matters if, you have a tacho, cruise control and a manual trasmission.

Can't find a loom that will just replace mine.

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
VL is going to the scrap metal yard now. To much work to replace all the looms and computer.

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
Yeah i know. I found a Calais loom for it. Thinking it would be the best thing to put in there. But when i removed the heater and the heater box thingo. I found a whole heap of rust behind it. Apperently the pipes have been leaking for some time. Now i know why the air con wasn't working. I think thought some cowboy has tried fixing it, because the pipes aren't in the same place as they are shown in a workshop manual.

I bought it as a daily, so i could do up my VN. I cbf fixing this VL.

sheepz89

Reaction score
Members Ride
'04 Holden VY II SS
Yeah VL's are very prone to rust... thankfully my VL has recently been resprayed so shouldn't be too much of a problem... its a shame you're wrecking the VL, but then again if i was in your position i'd probably do the same thing... Good luck with the VN anyway mate!

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Is the RB30 from the VL going in the VN :D