Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Dash Mods

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
I thinking of buying an sl/e dash and swapping the tacho out, volt and oil gauges into the one in my car. Or maybe swap the odometer into the sl/e dash (As mine works and only has 144000k's) how hard is it to do this and whats required to hook up the volt gauge. I've read the other threads about the oil gauge and sounds like a bit of a hassle so i'll just leave it not hooked up. Also does the sl/e dash have an oil light or just the pressure gauge? I also remember reading a while back about changing the dash lights what should i use?
Thanks in advance for reply's

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
I'm sure the sl/e has the pressure gauge, as mine only had the light, but thats changed now and its not hard to install, though mines not behind my dash."part3 on my site" :p

Connecting these gauges shouldnt be a hassle mate, have you considered buying a manual over ebay ? I brought my greg's for $15 dollars, $65 NEW !

kyleat1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ute
hi if you get the dash make sure you get the wire pice as well,it was a plug and two wires that pluged at the back near the tacho or oil if you get this as well it will plug in to the wireing harnes and make sure you get the sender unit for the oil pump

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
i don't think its got them as i'm going to buy it of ebay ends tomoz but i'll ask.

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
Are u using commodore gauges? or product gauges?