Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

dash warning lights

Patnnad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina Wagon
Hey guys

Just lookin to see if this problem is an easy-self-fix-sorta-thing...

Have an 00' VX Berlina wagon...it used to be random but now its all the time...the warning lights keep comin on...ie oil, battery, abs, traction etc...pretty much all of them

power button doesnt work...AC doesnt work...ECON/POWER button doesnt work...cruise doesnt say its on when i turn it on but when i set it at a speed, it says ACTIVE...fuel avg reading doesnt work...just a small 'x' in the top corner of the odometer...another small 'x' on the climate control screen

when it was jus random everything worked as usual when the lights would all go off

i had the car serviced last week n a whole heap o **** done n the mechanic couldnt diagnose the problem with the lights...suggested maybe the computer n just to take it to the auto elec...obviously having jus serviced it, the mech said oils fine, batterys fine etc....i havent gotten to the auto elec yet but thought id stop in here for any ideas first

cheers

graham7773

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim Wagon
Some of the other people on here have responded to this type of problem by suggesting that the computer should be reset by taking the negative terminal off the battery for 30 minutes or so. Do you have your radio code? I hope for your sake it is as simple as that. After you take the terminal off, turn a few items on eg headlights etc. That is supposed to draw down any stray current so the computer is completely off.

])R@G()N

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
You'd wonder why they even put a code in the radio, its not like anyone would wont to steal them crappy things :D