Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Dash warning lights

ColD1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Hey guys my VX Commodore seems to have an electrical gremlin. On occasion the TRC light comes on followed by the airbag light and alarm and sometimes also the engine light. Intermittently on and off all very distracting but thankfully doesn't seem to affect performance. Mates have suggested clock spring? Any advice appreciated.

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
A faulty clock spring would set off an airbag warning light but not TRC and engine light.

VT2Commie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 Clubsport R8
Sounds like the ominous ABS module is carkin' it.

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
if it is just the lights usually abs module
it it is gauges as well then usually alternator regulator

Dazza VU ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU series 2 ute
I had the same issue in my VU ute. I went for the most used part first which was the seat belt pre-tensioner. As it turned out i was correct. The wire had been worn through from the seat runner when adjusting the seat back & forward. I did not have to replace the tensioner as i just had the wire repaired then had the fault code removed & now all fixed, no more airbag warning light staying on. I also know someone else who had the same problem. It seems to be a common issue with the VX, VU, VT models.

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
I had the same issue in my VU ute. I went for the most used part first which was the seat belt pre-tensioner. As it turned out i was correct. The wire had been worn through from the seat runner when adjusting the seat back & forward. I did not have to replace the tensioner as i just had the wire repaired then had the fault code removed & now all fixed, no more airbag warning light staying on. I also know someone else who had the same problem. It seems to be a common issue with the VX, VU, VT models.
Thanks for the feedback.:)
Well done mate.