Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Dave's new nugget... VT II Calais L67

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
Those 17'' VZ SS wheels - did they have "supercat" tires on them?

I could swear they are my old rims from my VN - all the chunks missing are when I mounted a gutter in reverse in the wet a few years ago now...
If they are my old ones, sorry about that lol

dr364

The Dollar Dazzler
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV ute, VT Berlina, Cruze SRi-Z
They are the 18 inch version in fact, I do remember two of the tyres were kumho from memory. All the tyres were had it. I picked the whole set up at a wreckers from $120, from memory.

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
Ah cool, mine where the 17" ones.
Looked so similar lol - gave me a moment of remembrance for the old VN.

Nice VT by the way, The VX calais rear setup looks great on it - I'd do the same swap if it was my car.
VT/VX are my favorite commodore shape - everything else after it became to angular in my humble opinion

dr364

The Dollar Dazzler
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV ute, VT Berlina, Cruze SRi-Z
Soooo a whopping 18 months later.... And not a whole lot has changed. I moved to Canberra late in 2017 for a new job and the urgency that was required to get new accommodation meant that I had to give up having a double garage where I could do my work.
Because of that I haven't been able to do any more to the car - apart from a crappy DIY tint job on the windows - in fact 2018 was a frustrating year with numerous things going wrong with the car, so much to the point where I just wished I could burn it. The issues were:
1. DFI module - car completely died on the way to work, leaving me for 3 hours on the side of the road before I could get a tow
2. AC compressor bolts snapped, causing the serpentine belt to fall off because it was no longer aligning
3. Car kept overheating - needed new rad hose, thermostat and water pump
4. A couple of weeks after that, there was a coolant leak, which necessitated the rad being replaced
5. Cooling system leaked again. New heater tap and the problem was fixed
5. Four new tyres - one on the back had the belt shift inside the tyre, leaving a huge dip on the inside of the tyre

So I probably spent about $3k in repairs etc. over the whole year. Not what I wanted to be doing with my money.

Hopefully new year and things will be a bit more positive. The only real tangible thing I bought as a mod last year was a second hand 3.46 LSD out of a WH for a tidy sum of $100.
1. I hope to fit that early this year, but do some preventative maintenance beforehand and replace the pinion seal. Also bought some Penrite 85w-140 to fill it up with.
2. I also have some Nolathane camber bushes to put in and have just ordered some new Superpro subframe bushes, rear sway bar link bushes and upper shock bushes. Once all that's in then all the bushes in the rear will be new or near new.
3. Still have a 30mm front sway bar to go in, and hope to replace the engine mount with a MACE unbreakable mount at the same time.

I moved back in to my own house in Canberra 3 months ago after doing a 12 month lease in a rental, and kicking out the sh*tty tenants that were here before (who made changes without permission and destroyed the grass in my backyard). So I'll be able to do some more jobs now, albeit in a single garage.
I did order a Quickjack which I'm hoping will be here this week and that will make working underneath the car Soo much easier

Going back to my bad 2018... Attached are a couple of pictures of damage I managed to do trying to get in through the gate of the rental I was in ☹️
IMG_20190127_164453.jpg
IMG_20190127_164512.jpg