Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

day/work licenses

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
i live in a rural area and my workplace is a 40 minute drive.
For everyone asking why im this old and still on L plates, My father has been very ill and i was homeless at 16 so when i should have been going for my L’s i was worrying about where i was going to sleep. Maybe stop judging and just help out like ive asked.

Appreciate the clarification and hopefully some of the other members eat a little humble pie.

Hope it works out for you.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Is there no bus, even though you live rural? I lived rural over an hour from work travelling across gravel forestry roads and had to get a lift for two years. Then I moved 30 mins from work during the week, still rural but the bus goes past and goes another 20 mins further away from my work from where I live during the week. I'm fortunate that I live on a bus route during the week. My main home is 30mins away from highway and then it's another 1.5hrs to work. But only one bus a day and it wouldn't get me to work on time not get me home lol.

Benjamien.C

Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 factory Manual VU S
Is there no bus, even though you live rural? I lived rural over an hour from work travelling across gravel forestry roads and had to get a lift for two years. Then I moved 30 mins from work during the week, still rural but the bus goes past and goes another 20 mins further away from my work from where I live during the week.
if there was a bus i could catch, trust me i would catch it, its costing me heaps on fuel

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Yeah that's tricky then. My fuel bill is 80 bucks a week. Not looking forward to when fuel goes back up to 1.65 a litre. I used to go 100 bucks a week. Although when I was traveling to work from my country house before the engine died, it was $45-$50 a day, over $250 a week, more if I made a trip to Town or the Bay on the weekend.... lol

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I was homeless at 16, i wasnt worried one bit on getting my license on time, more the fact on where i was going to sleep, im proud of how far ive come, all i was asking for was help

When you get your licence is your choice....I'm not judging you for that.....I actually commend you for actually trying to become independant....I know a lot of kids older than you, that are still on mummies tit....My comments are directed at those that are giving you grief for not getting your licence earlier and you actually asking for help....

So best of luck obtaining your licence and hopefully the transport department can help you in some way

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
I note you have a v8. I am aware that you can drive a v8 in QLD on a p plate if it is the only option that you have. Is this the case for you?

Vin999

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSedanS
Can't P platers in Qld drive a car on their own ??
Isn't a licensed driver passenger for L platers ??