Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

day/work licenses

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Pushbike/rollerblades/skateboard

or one them electric/battery stand on things kids use these days.

21 yr old on L's?

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
At peak times, Australia has poor public transport compared to Europe at peak times :eek:
And down under, @ 4am, I don’t think the sparrow fart express is even running :p

These days that’s why having a tipple or a fang can be so painful, either one of which would put a 21 yo back to square one and after a while back on their L’s... :rolleyes:

stick3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sedan vs ute gsx1400
i did had both car and motorbike learner permits at the same time nearly 40 years ago bike gave me freedom and the permit in them days was only 3 months and age you had be was 16 and 9 months

Last edited:

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
At peak times, Australia has poor public transport compared to Europe at peak times :eek:
And down under, @ 4am, I don’t think the sparrow fart express is even running :p

These days that’s why having a tipple or a fang can be so painful, either one of which would put a 21 yo back to square one and after a while back on their L’s... :rolleyes:

Yea I catch the bus to work atm so you don't have to tell me about that.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
It's amazing...Here the op is trying to get his licence to be independent and people are on here telling to walk, catch a bus and what the heck are you doing on L's at 21....

Geez, I see it as at least he is trying to something useful, even if he is a little older than what we were when we got our licence....Is he surposed to be like the norm kid at that age....F getting my licence....I'll rely on everyone else, or just drive unlicenced....

Heck, when I got my licence, you drove the local copper to the pub, so he could get a slab and dropped him back at the cop shop....When you got back to the cop shop, you grabbed 2 stubbies, 1 for you, the other for the copper and drank it whilst the licence was being written up

These days, you've got to do hundreds of hours in various conditions, before they even look at you getting a test...A big difference

Last edited:

stick3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sedan vs ute gsx1400
in nsw no you must be 17 why don t he ask the qld tranport dept

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
@Benjamien.C made the first post, was give some info early on and hasn’t come back to make any further comment. Sadly it simply looks like he doesn’t have any real options for some form of limited licence he could apply for.

May be he’s shell shocked at the lack of licensing options maybe.

These days Queensland seems to be much tougher to get a licence than other states.
Heck, when I got my licence, you drove the local copper to the pub, so he could get a slab and dropped him back at the cop shop....
Yeah, the old days were much easier... My old man got his license by driving around the local pub and then parking out the front so he could buy the cop a beer :p

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
@Benjamien.C made the first post, was give some info early on and hasn’t come back to make any further comment. Sadly it simply looks like he doesn’t have any real options for some form of limited licence he could apply for.

May be he’s shell shocked at the lack of licensing options maybe.

These days Queensland seems to be much tougher to get a licence than other states.
Yeah, the old days were much easier... My old man got his license by driving around the local pub and then parking out the front so he could buy the cop a beer :p
It wasn't quite like that when I got my car license. I drove to the Traffic department and parked out on the road to make it a little less obvious. Had to answer six questions and drive around the block with the cop as a passenger. No L or P plates those days.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Officer that took me for my P's said to my mother he is not a good driver but he will be ok..... In today's standards I would have failed 10 mins in. I only spent 2 months on L's. My cousin the same age did his P's in Adelaide he failed three times and last fail was due to him not checking his mirrors enough. This was in the mid-late 80's.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Driver licensing here in NZ is now privately run and I'm sure it's a money making scam, they fail plenty I'm sure just so they can charge a re-sit fee. Personally, I think it should be done in schools as having a license seems to be a prerequisite for a lot of jobs these days. It's probably the one thing the yanks have got right.