Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

DBA 4000 T3 and pads - who has them?

gsh1970

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SSV ute XYZ XYZ
I'm looking at installing dba 4000 t3 plus QFM HPX front and rear - GSL rally sport have given me a quote to supply but can anyone who has these installed let me know how these are? It's a daily driver and I want no brake noise, squeal etch

Also, anyone in brisbane recommend who i should go to to fit them?

mummbles

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF 2 SSV Redline Sportwagon
I have this setup on my VT, also from GSL.
I love them. good brake feel, good stopping (much much better than stock) and I haven't experiences any brake fade etc.
They do squeal every now and again, but so did my stockies.
Make sure the pad retention clips are bent properly. There was at least one batch where thy were (mine were some) and it means the pads rattle around a carry on.
Any decent mechanic should be able to fit them for you.

Zerone_V

Reaction score
Members Ride
Lexus IS350 (SL)
I have this combo on my rears (HSV - AP Callipers).
Absolutely love the setup, very little brake dust (They are rear brakes, which tend not to produce as much as the fronts, so this isn't really a good guide).

I am running stock Redline front brakes (Brembo 4 pot, stock rotor and pads), and they produce a hell of a lot more brake dust.
I will be replacing the fronts (rotors and pads) in around a years time (The rotors and pads only have around 10,000Kms on em) with the same setup.

I cant really comment on brake sequel as I didn't fit the original pads and rotors to the rear, but the combo is very quiet, and I am very very very happy with the combo.

Oh, and I cant praise GSL highly enough. They are a very helpful bunch, and very upfront with the products they sell. :)
I hope this helps.

gsh1970

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SSV ute XYZ XYZ
Thanks for the comments - much appreciated