Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Dceivdu has another commodore! *VP Burnout BUILD*

DCEIVDU

Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 VN SSV Enhanced 5.0, 1999 VT S Pac ll 3.8
have to agree with stockies regarding the scoop

those seats will be a b...h to keep clean-lol

yeah scoop is staying off until the end and then I'll decide if I put it on or not. The seats were pretty dirty already when I git them but a bit of elbow grease and leather cleaner should do the trick. Finding an upholstey place that can fix the passenger and make up a rear seat is the hard part

DCEIVDU

Reaction score
Members Ride
I've hit a little speed bump...

Hey everyone, I did manager to get some more painting done but any future plans will be put on hold. On Thursday night I was working afternoon shift 2pm until 10pm. As the clock hit 9, I was cleaning an ink chamber that came off the printing press. The chamber itself has two doctor blades that are extremely sharp which is necessary for ensuring the correct amount of ink goes onto the paper stock. As I was cleaning the chamber, I slipped and cut my thumb on one of the blades. The amount of blood pouring out looked like something from a horror movie. One of my work colleagues rushed me to the Queen Elizabeth hospital where I was seen immediately. They cleaned it up and told me. That I had severed both the artery and one of the nerves in my thumb. This explained why I had no feeling on one side of my thumb. The plastic surgeon then referred me to get surgery the next day. It was my first surgery I have ever had which made me a bit nervous. All went well though and it is now in a cast. I have a 30% chance of gaining feeling back in my thumb and will need physio done once the cast and stitches come off.

I'm very pi##ed off because I only have a month and 5 days before the comp and the way my hand is, I doubt I'll get it ready or be able to compete with one arm.

corhijasna

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss commodore / WM Caprice V
not good matee,least it would be workcover so you wont lose any money from not being able to work,bummer though cause unfortunately you will never regain 100% feeling back,i know as I have a perm thumb injury myself.

commiserations and I feel for you.
just rest and it will get better in time

DCEIVDU

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks mate. At least the drugs they gave me are awesome. I feel no pain at the moment. I just hope I can still enter the burnout comp

DCEIVDU

Reaction score
Members Ride
nothing really to update. Got to go back to hospital today.. Not even sure what for. Car hasn't had any changes aside from some more dust is on it. This sucks, not being able to do a thing until my thumb is fully healed.

corhijasna

Reaction score
Members Ride
your thumb will heal in time matee,just take your time and you will find different ways of doing certain things

DCEIVDU

Reaction score
Members Ride
cheers mate. I have definitely improved the use of my left hand. I can write, text, call, open things etc all with my left hand now. The two hardest things would have to be going to the toilet and having a shower but they are doable.

corhijasna

Reaction score
Members Ride
She definitely helps with the shower part but there's no way she's gonna help with going to the toilet haha

course not -lol

how long did the doc's tell you before you can get some normal back in your life