Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

DCEIVDU's 90' Mazda 121 Shades (ThgLyf)

DCEIVDU

Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 VN SSV Enhanced 5.0, 1999 VT S Pac ll 3.8
For those of you familiar with "dceivdu's VQ statesman...etc", this needs no introduction. For those who do not know me or my previous car's fate, this is my new car that I was given out of sympathy for the fact that my statesman turned out to be a stolen car.

Not going to go 'crazy' on this car unless I get addicted. Just a few mods to make it a little less "Meh" and a little more "ah yeah".

Started it's relationship with me on the 19th of may 2013 (Sunday just gone), looking pretty meh with all the necessary bits except ignition barrel. Rims were old and black, needed new front brake pads (new set came with the car) and needed new right hand rear wheel bearing.

Got the pads installed the next day as well as the wheel bearing. Had to hotwire the car each time until I managed to locate a spare ignition barrel for my particular model which I installed yesterday afternoon.

Then today I just got a little creative and painted the front and rear bumpers black and sprayed the stockies silver just to give it a bit of a better appearance.

Will post pics from when I got it to now in the next post.

Cheers

DCEIVDU

Reaction score
Members Ride
My Rollerskate, when i first got her

20130523160037.jpg

20130523220718.jpg

And some interior shots:

20130523220804.jpg

20130523220831.jpg

20130523220905.jpg

20130523220939.jpg

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
Not bad for free. How does it go in reverse with full wheel lock on gravel?
First thing I would have tried...

Keep it running until you find a new ride mate. Heres hoping its soon for you after the last kerfuffle.

DCEIVDU

Reaction score
Members Ride
Not bad for free. How does it go in reverse with full wheel lock on gravel?
First thing I would have tried...

Keep it running until you find a new ride mate. Heres hoping its soon for you after the last kerfuffle.

Thanks heaps mate.

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
Looks better already.

.....wait....what?....towbar????:lmao:

LAP004

lifes-likethat
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vp executive
sorry to hear about the statesman mate, unfortunately i can't say that i was surprised by the fact it was stolen.
also you can do a revs check for about $35, which can tell you if a car is stolen, been in an insurance claim, or anyone owes money on the vehicle.
just need the vin no/chassie no. from the vehicle your inquiring about

this would be a great little run around. id consider keeping this little beast as a daily driver when you do get another commodore.

DCEIVDU

Reaction score
Members Ride
Looks better already.

.....wait....what?....towbar????:lmao:

thanks mate. Not gonna do much to this little roller skate. Clean it up a little, put cheap stereo in and full her with petrol... Happy days :)

Also...yes that is a tow bar lmao. It actually towed a couple of dirt bikes on a decent size trailer in it's past life.

DCEIVDU

Reaction score
Members Ride
this would be a great little run around. id consider keeping this little beast as a daily driver when you do get another commodore.

That is a great idea. Spend bulk on a commodore and keep it off the road until it is perfect :). I love the way you think.

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
Also putting it out there....
How about a Nissan R31 skyline? The old 4 door boxy ones.

They run forever and still look good stockish. Plus they are ridiculously cheap :)