Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Dceivdu's Much MUCH better Statesman 5L

DCEIVDU

Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 VN SSV Enhanced 5.0, 1999 VT S Pac ll 3.8
Name: Adam

Ride: 1990 Holden VQ Statesman 5.0 litre V8

Colour Silver

Kit: Stock

Engine Mods: Stock

Power: Untested

Exhaust: Advance Headers into 2.5 inch Redback exhaust with squashed milo tin exhaust tip

Trans: Rebuilt T700 trans 10,000 ago

Brakes: Standard

Suspension: Standard IRS with Pedders lowered suspension (unsure how low)

Wheels: Silver stockies, Team Brock ROH 17" rims to go on

Interior: Black Statesman interior

Audio: Pioneer USB head unit, Sony 4" fronts, Kicker 6x9" rears

Future Mods: Custom fitted VN Group A bodykit, Caprice Grill, 3" Exhaust with hi flow cat and single muffler, improved stereo system, white leds throughout including dash, maybe more

THE STORY...

So I didn't really like the twin turbo Soarer so i swapped it for a one owner VQ statesman that is, for the most part, immaculate! 220,000km, Silver, and very very neat inside and out. I feel much happier now that i have two respectable 5 litres in my posession and dub this one as the 'cruiser' whereas my red beast, well the name will soon fit the decription.

The VQ came with rego until April, a reasonable sound system and stockies with more than adequate tread for the time being. Interior is clean and tidy, nothing over the top, just an aftermarket stereo and a bluetooth microphone attached to my A pillar.

Couple of faults, auto antenna stays down and when i hit the button to raise it, as soon as i let go, it goes straight back down. Another little issue is the statesman hornpad has broke the parts that hold onto the wheel itself. Both minor things when the overall condition of the car is considered.

As ideas started to flow the first two modifications that came to mind where wheels and an out there bodykit. It will take time to fabricate but i already have the right guy for the job.

I will update everyone as new details emerge, but for now, ill give you some pictures!

xbl0.jpg

7l2n.jpg

1vt3.jpg

jhdf.jpg

x9or.jpg

ngdn.jpg

lxyq.jpg

xsyp.jpg

pvv7.jpg

xsyp.jpg

Comments and suggestions welcomed as always.

Cheers

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
Looks pretty clean, not being stolen is a bonus haha

DCEIVDU

Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 VN SSV Enhanced 5.0, 1999 VT S Pac ll 3.8
Looks pretty clean, not being stolen is a bonus haha

thanks man, she's definitely clean. I plan to keep it clean and tidy but at the same time make it have a little more 'aggressive' look to it, hence the group a kit idea. Engine work will be held off for the time being as the red beast will be getting first dibs on engine mods.