Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Dceivdu's new 5 litre!

Hoska91

Formerly 75HJPREM
Reaction score
Members Ride
Getz Lyfe & E34 Project
Wouldn't bother with a T5 behind a 5L, 3rd gear will break unless you get it rebuilt before you use it.
if you want to go manual 5 speed better off with a tremec box for safety + gives you room for some bolt on power

Wombles

Cars cost too much.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'72 LJ Torana, '95 VS Acclaim and V8 wagon
T5 is a tremic box...
My 5L is going fine with the T5...

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 6ltr ute, VP Calais and HJ Prem
T5 is a tremic box...
My 5L is going fine with the T5...

Borg warner in the oldies. You can get unlucky with t5's. Just so happens that most people who drive vn - vr ss's like to drink vb then throw loops. I got lucky with my v6 t5 was driven by a chick so it's been looked after (until i got it) and is still tight as.

Hoska91

Formerly 75HJPREM
Reaction score
Members Ride
Getz Lyfe & E34 Project
Borg warner in the oldies. You can get unlucky with t5's. Just so happens that most people who drive vn - vr ss's like to drink vb then throw loops. I got lucky with my v6 t5 was driven by a chick so it's been looked after (until i got it) and is still tight as.

by Tremec box if i caused some confusion between borg warner and such i meant TKO, if you ride the T5's hard with a 5L they chew threw 3rd gear. was just a suggestion as it's a very common thing to happen and if there are plans for more power no point in putting in a box that is likely to fail.