Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

De-Supercharging L67 and manualising ?!?!?!

VTspec2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais S2 V6S
hey guys ,

first time poster, i have searched the net and these glorious forums =) , i wish to enquire about de-supercharging my VT2 Calais, ( sounds dumb but more fun in manual obviously ), so, im thinkin i need intake manifold, fuel rails and probably memcal re-tune, ( of course, gearbox and clutch etc ) but i wanna know why no-one has done as this motor is so strong and allows a perfect platform for a raptor type centrifugal charger to be attached (later). But for something i think is a great idea there is no info...
if you need a reason i put a 'stealth' CAI on the car and it nearly doubled my fuel consumption normally 12.6 ish it jumped to 17.3ish with no spirited driving.... CRAZY!!! but autos are still no fun....Sooooo a common solution is to manualise and de-charge..... what do you think .....

dont be too harsh !!! haha

Paul

nemesis_adrasteia

better to reign in hell
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR commodore HSV(without all the gay ****)
swap it out for an ecotec.

or sell the car and buy one with a manual and NA V6

VK SL 3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL 5spd
Well this sounds like the most stupid idea ive heard for a V6, the original supercharger is far better then an aftermarket one so i have no idea what your thinking, change intake manifold and a retune then it will run errrr terrifically......

Reaction score
Members Ride
supercharged vt II acclaim
why no-one has done it?????? lol cause its a dumb idea :p

just put a manual on it as it is now,(with the m90 blower on it) few people done it,
they just dont last forever but, should be ok if ya dont go mad on mod's....

drift-it

Reaction score
Members Ride
'12 Px ranger 4x4
side mount will run higher numbers on a dyno with "less effort" but an l67 will smoke it! and if your fuel consumption had jumped all of a sudden then oxy sensors or something along the lines might be stuffed.

my l67 averages 18l/100 and is twice as fast as the vt...my vt ecotec averaged 16l/100

i know what id choose!

Reaction score
Members Ride
supercharged vt II acclaim
and ya sure ya didnt ### something up installing the cai??? it shouldnt double ya fuel....

ToMMMaY

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt Berlina S Pac SII L67 Turbo Project
People wouldn't waste there time with a raptor they would keep the m90 or just turbo it I have done both ways kept the l67heads and welsh plugged the injector holes on the ecotec inlet manilfold then just done the top end to ecotec to tidy it all up

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
troll+face.jpg

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
hey guys ,

first time poster, i have searched the net and these glorious forums =) , i wish to enquire about de-supercharging my VT2 Calais, ( sounds dumb but more fun in manual obviously ), so, im thinkin i need intake manifold, fuel rails and probably memcal re-tune, ( of course, gearbox and clutch etc ) but i wanna know why no-one has done as this motor is so strong and allows a perfect platform for a raptor type centrifugal charger to be attached (later). But for something i think is a great idea there is no info...
if you need a reason i put a 'stealth' CAI on the car and it nearly doubled my fuel consumption normally 12.6 ish it jumped to 17.3ish with no spirited driving.... CRAZY!!! but autos are still no fun....Sooooo a common solution is to manualise and de-charge..... what do you think .....

dont be too harsh !!! haha

Paul

the guys that turbo l67s take the front housing and rotors out of the charger and replace it with a block off plate, leaving the throttlebody and such fully functional.

putting a n/a manifold on will require blocking the injector holes in the head.

VTspec2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais S2 V6S
well well well , uninformed would guess at that wouldn't they? i wouldnt put a bloody weak as piss t5 in it, it would be tremec 6 speed conversion ( obviously the only thing to handle torque ) , how dumb do you think iam to break something doing a CAI install mate?? seriously i have owned 3 of these cars before!!! the reason for this is it has unrestricted flow and eats every bit it can and the poor computer has to compensate.... anyway, other 'CONSTRUCTIVE" feedback plz, the eaton unit is un-efficient and boring, dont want another ecotec as its not nearly as built as this block is, and im not leaving it alone after this is done it just seems like a much better platform that a busted as$ ecotec like 92% of commo owners out there, but ITS SOMETHING DIFFERENT and you ppl seem to be afraid of this.... neva know if ya neva try ...