Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Dead battery ideas

TheGrimReaper

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SV6
Good afternoon all. I find myself in a bit of a problem. My car battery is completely flat and boot shut. No key hole in boot and as battery is flat I am unable to use glovebox or key forb button. And to make matters worse I went looking for the emergency pull cord through back seat and it’s not there. So can I hook up a battery charger to the jump points in the engine bay charge the battery a little and then disconnect once boot open ? Cheers

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
sure can

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
Good afternoon all. I find myself in a bit of a problem. My car battery is completely flat and boot shut. No key hole in boot and as battery is flat I am unable to use glovebox or key forb button. And to make matters worse I went looking for the emergency pull cord through back seat and it’s not there. So can I hook up a battery charger to the jump points in the engine bay charge the battery a little and then disconnect once boot open ? Cheers
The emergency rip cord is halfway up the drivers side of the ski port. It will be tucked in between the seat back and the trim panel.

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
Fresh batter where you say, positive to positive and negative to negative.

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
If the Battery is knacked,
Might be an idea to check the charge voltage,
As it may not be charging correctly.
Have you had MIL messages come to screen ?

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
So can I hook up a battery charger to the jump points in the engine bay charge the battery a little and then disconnect once boot open ?
The battery charge posts within the engine bay are designed for connecting a charger to them. If you can access the engine bay posts, the charger can be left connected until the battery is fully charged. Alternatively you can disconnect them and reconnect the charger directly to the battery once you have enough juice to pop the boot using the key fob (though it’s not really needed).

Me, I use a modded 7 pin trailer plug which adapts to my ctek charger. Via a fused wire from the trailer brake connector to the positive post of the battery, I can then charge my battery with boot, doors and bonnet closed. Works on VE and VF. See below for details:

https://forums.justcommodores.com.a...kle-charger-in-a-vf-sedan.266518/post-3239341

Last edited: