Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

dead island riptide

Greggles_VS

The Noob
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6 Ecotec
Does anyone know if once you completed part of riptide, there is a way to take your existing character to a new game? I know you can import from dead island original game, but can you use your say lvl 25 character from riptide into a new game in riptide?

Posted in wrong area I know, I realized after I asked my mate to type into general for me

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
moved for you, no idea about your question tho

GEN3RATD

100% Teflon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
im interested to know if this game has improved over the complete abomination the first one was, never played a game so bad before in my life.

Greggles_VS

The Noob
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6 Ecotec
Graphics could do with an upgrade but its not bad.

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Did go in expecting it to be a little like the first one not a carbon copy. Graphics look just as bad and the bugs from the first one reappear again.

GEN3RATD

100% Teflon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
The first one I use as a drinks coaster now. It actually makes me feel sick when I think that someone, somewhere, thought it was worthy of a "Game Of The Year" edition, especially when it came out the same year as Skyrim.

Greggles_VS

The Noob
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6 Ecotec
Haven't played number 1 yet. The Mrs saw riptide and wanted it. Not the worst game I've seen so far

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
I was one of the lucky few with the first it seems, never had an issue or bug. Graphically (on PC) it's everything you could expect from a console port, given current consoles run such mediocre DX9 only hardware.

For the $27 I paid on Riptide I'm comfortable, it's more an extension of the first, definitely not a number 2 or reinvention. As for GOTY, well, any Joe Bloggs, two bit website can hand them out these days, it's a meaningless title, just means you'll get an all in one package.

GEN3RATD

100% Teflon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
Yeah but still, I bet even the developers had a bit of a laugh when they thought of having a GOTY edition.

I'm sure riptide is better, unfortunately there are just too many games that I actually have interest in playing that are taking priority. I may "download" riptide and check it out.