Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Dead stereo

geoffm

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series 1 Commodore SV8 M6
Hey guys.
My VY stereo system worked perfectly a couple of days ago. The radio worked, CD would play, antenna would go up and down. No problems. In fact, it has worked perfectly for the life of the car. Today, the unit completely failed. No power to the unit at all. No display, the time is frozen, the antenna doesn't work, no radio or CD volume at all. Completely dead! The steering wheel buttons are useless as well. I checked the fuse box under the bonnet and there is no fuse here relating to the stereo. Could it just be a blown fuse? Is there another fuse box?
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

DOASKID

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY11 waggy
There is another fuse/relay box underneath the steering wheel....

Sorry, I can't be much more help that that!!

supertech

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II SV6
Hi geoffm, Is it one listed on my website?
Holden
I repair Holden Blaupunkt car stereo. It might be one I have seen before.
There will be a fuse below the steering wheel, and possibly the backup power in the engine bay.
Probably an easier start would be to disconnect the battery for about 10 minutes first. Leave power off for 10 minutes so residual power drains in the radio.
It might just need a good reset. Also look for keys that are locked on (buttons that are pressed in and locked in). This will cause the radio to not respond to anything.