Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Dead VG Ute

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Now I’m worried, I bought an American made Delphi sensor thinking it would be an idiot proof sensor.
I wouldn't worry too much. Delphi are still good. I replaced my failed Delphi sensors with Delphi sensors and the probs haven't returned. I think when you set the air gap you'll be right.

MikeC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ Statesman
Delphi's GM's own spare parts company-they're as good as you'll get.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Had a bunch of weird issues when first bought vp v6...most of it fixed swapping to delphi even though no name brands were within spec when tested.

As above wherever you go can fit oem it will usually save you headache later on.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Delphi seems to have runs of bad batches. Mech agrees he has problems with them too. But the alternative for Holden parts are far worse. Some other car makes seem to get away with parts that are not OEM just fine. I have used Standard on my old bus and they were great. You would struggle to match Standard though to anything Holden as you would need to cross reference, in the hope a US made vehicle used the same part. Just for the record Delphi are not made in the US they come out of Mexico.

Pete O

Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 VG ute
Delphi seems to have runs of bad batches. Mech agrees he has problems with them too. But the alternative for Holden parts are far worse. Some other car makes seem to get away with parts that are not OEM just fine. I have used Standard on my old bus and they were great. You would struggle to match Standard though to anything Holden as you would need to cross reference, in the hope a US made vehicle used the same part. Just for the record Delphi are not made in the US they come out of Mexico.
Oh ok, I was going off the add for where it was made.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Nah sensors and some other OEM parts are made Mexico. That's not to say they aren't good. They are made under license so the quality controls are higher than a lot of Chinese or Indian made parts.

MikeC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ Statesman
Delphi stuff is checked to GM's QA systems. I've found them pretty good but expensive compared to ebay copies. The copy control system input/output devices look the same- they just don't work.

Pete O

Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 VG ute
Well I just went down to the shed ready to pull the harmonic balancer off & check the CAS & do the air gap adjustment & I thought what the hell, I’ll give it a try just in case the fairies came in & fixed it for me. Well the bastard fired first touch of the starter & is purring like a kitten, the bloody thing is possessed I tell ya....

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Should be fine when cold then play up when it gets hot...common sign cas is on the blink