Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

dead vk

nizmovk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK wagon
reminds me of my 1st car - a commodore!- it kept cutting out, but at random times, NO-ONE could find anything... in desparation i started to un wrap the wiring loom .... and foundwhere it had been severed, and fixed... with selotape..unbelievable

VKStevo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
mmmm, i think if i have this problem again i will have 2 get new leads

haloeight

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato SII L67 S/C V6
i had exactly this issue

EST was screwed

have u changed to a electronic dizzy?

craigvk

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 5L Calais
VKStevo said:
mmmm, i think if i have this problem again i will have 2 get new leads

Do what I said previously about spraying WD or Inox (preferred) in all the plug leads and on the cap. They come as a set, not individually.

craigvk

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 5L Calais
nizmovk said:
reminds me of my 1st car - a commodore!- it kept cutting out, but at random times, NO-ONE could find anything... in desparation i started to un wrap the wiring loom .... and foundwhere it had been severed, and fixed... with selotape..unbelievable

Yeah, way too many backyard dodgy mechanics around. When I first worked on my car, I found 4 ignition wires melted together that was causing massive problems. I ended up replacing all that wiring of course. Then I found many bits wired with electrical tape. As I have always said, I HATE ELECTRICAL TAPE! It's only necessary at a last resort. Solder and use heatshrink tubing instead.
I reckon' about 80%+ Vk's have such dodgy wiring fixups. Frayed wiring, taped up wires or terminals, everything dodgy. That's why my barge is so good now. Because I did it.