Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

dead vk

VKStevo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
well i went 4 a drive this arvo and its kindof warmer than normal now as ya know, so it was kinda hot in my car while i was driving so i opened my window but it didnt do much so i closed it agian and turned on the air con. after a lil while it started coughing a little bit when i was taking off from lights and stuff, mainly between 1 and 2 thousand revs. so i kept going thinking it would sort itself out. but it just got worse. but i kept driving and then thought it might be getting low on fuel coz it was at the bottom of the red zone but normally it goes further than that (like right off the gage b4 it actually runs out). but it got absolutely terrible, so just to make sure i went into the petty station and chucked in $15 worth. i then went on the salisbury hway in the 100 zone and it was alright on that but when i stopped at the lights 2 go into mawson lakes i could barely get the thing going, but with a bit of luck i got it goin, and by the time i got around 2 my house i could barely keep it idling in gear 1

so i dont have a clue wot the problem is, it seems strange that it all happened in less than an hour. it basically felt like it was misfiring 2 start with. now it feels like only 1 piston is firing, ive been told that it is probably air fuel related, does ne1 no wot it could be?

nizmovk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK wagon
you may have a blocked fuel filter or line, from sucking off the bottom of the tank. The quickest check would be to undo filter and you could even blow back through the line if you have access to a compressor...

VKStevo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
ive been told 2 disconnect the fuel line from the carby then get some1 2 crank it over and see if much comes out, is this a good idea?

VKStevo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
well it is due for a service so it will be going 2 the mechanic 2moro (if i can get it there) i might go and see wot i can find with the fuel lines etc and see if i can drive it around, i wanted 2 get fuel 2day coz its a tuesday, 5 min drive around the block, can she do it

nizmovk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK wagon
you can do it!

VKStevo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
well she's a no go, i started her up and she was fine, gave her a couple of revs and she was still fine, but as soon as i started driving out the driveway...nup no chance, i doubt if i could get it 2 the mechanic 2moro, if i can it will be a really slow process, it took me about a minute 2 get as far as i did, about 5m, and she basically carked it on the road, i was gonna muck around with the fuel lines but its 2 dark so ill have a look 2moro

VKStevo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
cars booked in 2 get serviced @ 1 2moro, hopefully its nothing 2 bad and expensive and it should be going in no time...if i can get it there in the 1st place

ive got 50 mins 2 get my car 5 mins drive away...by the way she went 2nite after leaving it 4 a few hours i might need every bit of it

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
check your timing, fuel, carby..

see how tight your alternator belt is.

look at the condition of your leads, and spark plugs.

test & inspect battery and power wires. "mulitimeter"

^^ things i would do.