Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

dead vx

bob92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX SS
hi guys, havin a little trouble with the ss..at first it was idling rough and stalling and took a good 7 seconds of cranking to fire, changed coolant temp sensor, IAC valve, fuel pump and filter, crank sensor. now iv noticed the scanner cannot connect with the engine or trans, but it can with the bcm and abs ect. im also not getting any injector pulse or spark at all, it was intermitant and one stage. im leaning towards an ecu..

hopefully someone can help me out cause im stuck..

SID888

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX1 5.7L Berlina Wagon A4
Does sound like ECU. Get a mail order tune in a supplied PCM. About $250. That way you get a working second hand PCM and a tune to suit your car/mods.

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
If you do get a new ECU/PCM it will need to be linked to your BCM or no start. Have you checked all fuses and fusible links associated with the ECU?

dazadude

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX Calais Auto LS1
I would normally agree with you Accentstencil, but "apc_performance" on ebay sells unlinked PCMs (mafless tuned). I know, because I have one. I had issues before with my mechanic stuffing with my wiring when he changed my sump gasket and rear main seal, and we put the original PCM back in (to test that was not the cause of the problem) and it still works as well. It's been nearly a year since it have been installed too. :flame:

LS1 Computer PCM Mafless Tune Engine GEN 3 VT VX VY | eBay

Cheers Daza...

bob92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX SS
SOLVED
was the engine harness at the drivers firewall, water comes up through wheel arch and gets into the wiring causing corrosion. basically cuts all power to the BCM and OBD.

Late Reply..sorry guys, thanks for your input.

ConstantVelocity

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII SS M6
Thanks for posting back with the solution. Always good info. If water is getting up through cracked sealer between the strut tower and guard you could re-seal it and fit a strut brace to stop it getting worse. Can also get water in from the windscreen/wiper area if the little foam seals at the back of the engine bay are missing.