Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Deadlocking??? I think???

Cameron

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 11 'Redhot' Ute
I was wondering what the deadlocking feature actually does, i asume its when you press the lock button on the key twice, :confused:

V

VYSUPER6

Deadlock

The deadlock feature is what happens when you lock the car pressing the button twice (The indicator lights will light up for a couple seconds to let you know).

This 'deadlock's the car doors, so lets say you smashed your window and put your arm in to unlock the door, you would not be able to open the door, even from the inside.

Cameron

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 11 'Redhot' Ute
sweet, thanks, ive been very curious bout this...

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
The boot button doesn't work.. Also the alarm will go off if you try and start the car..

There's pretty much no way of getting out of a deadlocked unless you smash a window.. Funny stuff when I locked my little brother in..

HSVKEV260R8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY1 HSV Clubsport R8 M6
Can I suggest too, in order to make your Deadlockable VT-VZ Commodore/HSV more secure, that you also bypass the fuse that powers the security system with a remote mounted hidden second fuse and make the original a dummy, I had my wheels stolen by some morons in Aug 2003. They broke the passenger side front window, bypassed the security by pulling the fuse and then proceeded to steal items from the car and then removed the useless Holden/HSV supplied locknuts and took the wheels. Had this fuse been bypassed, there would have been a good chance of me being woken at 3 in the morning and seeing a couple of idiots running down the road after a big surprise, rather than being woken by a neighbour to be told my wheels are missing. Also, on the lock nut issue, Wheel King in Moorabbin have a set of Swedish Lock nuts with a Titanium head which, to their reports, have never been cracked, they fit over a standard nut and when attampted to be removed by anything but the original socket, grab on tighter. All I can say is 2 years on, so far so good!! They cost about $120 but worth every cent!