Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Dealership spare parts, do these guys know what they're talking about?

Madivad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY11 Sedan
I feel that everytime I ask my Spares guys a question, they're just stuffing me around.

1. I asked them for the coin tray/front smokers box, albeit, not the smokers version (I just want the big box). I got a price of ~$60 for the box alone (I had heard that's the holden price) but was then told the facia was another $30! I thought about it for a bit while he looked up other stuff. When I said "ok, order it" he then tells me the facia is ONLY available in Platinum, not black as is what I want. Well that's pretty useless. But...
  2. I could order the smokers kit, because in the smokers kit, you get the black one, but I wanted the full size box sans power adapter. His response: "can't do it, not in black anyway"
  3. I asked for a power socket as is in the center console. I ASSUME that socket plugs into a plug under the console. Yes I could order that, somewhere around $20-30 (includes some mounting ring)
  4. However, the boot one no longer comes in "kit" form, comes with no instructions and is the same as the center console—ie, it has a plug. I said I wanted the one that goes straight to the fusebox, to which he said, "Holden don't do that anymore. It has a plug." I HAVE LOOKED, and I can't find the plug in the boot for it :( When I told him this, he said I'd have to get them to install it.
  5. the clips for the boot organiser are $10 each? is that ridgy didge?
  6. holden does not make any form of mobile phone holder for the VE (this is what he is saying)

In the end, after walking in expecting to spend a couple of hundred dollars to get the center console box and cover, two power sockets (one with plug, and one with wire to fusebox), boot organiser clips and possibly a mobile phone holder; I ended up walking out of there spending (and getting) nothing.

Is it just my dealership, or is this the norm? Unfortunately, the next dealership is more than an hour away.

a. Are the facias's only available in Platinum?
b. Can you get the power adapter that wires into the fusebox still, or are they discontinued?
c. Do you have a choice with the power adapter to have either a plug or wiring, or is it just plug only, or wiring only?

I have tried looking for these things on ebay, and other sites as I have found in these forums. But these things, I am just not finding.

Shm1ck

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Thunder Ute
Did you get part numbers? If so write me down and I'll look into it for ya. I think I know the clips you are talking about, and yes they are pricey! No idea why tho.

As for the Spare Parts guys, I work with them and they are very knowledgeable!

Madivad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY11 Sedan
I only have the parts numbers as I found in one of the threads here. When I said I had something (ie the part numbers) he said, my numbers would be wrong anyway. When I asked him for the parts numbers he had, he said, "it doesn't matter, you don't need them."

• 92186334 boot 12v adapter—I'm pretty sure this wires directly into the fusebox
  • unknown - 12v adapter with cap, that has the plug on the end (2/3 pin)
  • 92143928 phone holder ** and
  • 92181984 mounting platform ** and
  • 92175840 phone harness **

I'll have to dig out the numbers for the smokers kit/front consol box. I don't really want the actual smokers kit, I just want the empty box with lid (in black).

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
Did you give him you Vin. number mate?

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
I didn't. What difference would that make? He did know I'd bought the car in the last week, and I did tell him the model.
Giving him the VIN can help him to narrow down his search for the items you're looking for specifically for that. Some parts interpreters know what they're talking about, others are crap. If you think they're giving you the run around, go somewhere else.

bonners

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sting SV Black Edition Tourer
I have a mate who works in parts and he certainly knows he stuff. Every time I ring him he sorts it quick smart.

GAMBLR

More trouble than u think
Reaction score
Members Ride
'04 VZ Calais LS1
It doesn't help that some of the parts are listed in totally the opposite area you'd expect them to be. They've shown me the screen when I've asked for a certain part, and often it looks like a total mess.

But it's like any occupation - you will find bright sparks who know where everything is and what you're on about, dumb f***ers who don't know a Commodore from a Camry, and everything else in between.

Adds_05

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.7L
what dealership? gosford or wyong?
I only have the parts numbers as I found in one of the threads here. When I said I had something (ie the part numbers) he said, my numbers would be wrong anyway. When I asked him for the parts numbers he had, he said, "it doesn't matter, you don't need them."

With a comment like that im guessing wyong?

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
I didn't. What difference would that make? He did know I'd bought the car in the last week, and I did tell him the model.

So you will ask him for a rear door trim and the colour will be pink to bad your door trim is white so don`t bitch.

You get it now give them your Vin. Number.