Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Dear God...

D

Du`ranain

Just pulled the valve cover off my engine expecting to see a nice clean rocker setup since the oil consumption seems to have been absolutely zero since i got my car, to find a mass of carbon and burnt oil where the components are meant to be. The old man has been somewhat of an armchair mechanic for 40 years (truck driver), and he says it's the second worst buildup he has ever seen. could anyone here give me a reason as to the cause of the buildup, and what needs to be fixed to stop it from reoccuring?

Garth

Your guess is as good as mine......
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
100 series Toyota Landcruiser V8 monster
yeap, cause for built up, age, the old vl is now almost 16/17 year's old, expect that, how to fix it, yeap, simply clean it, what causes it, well, crapy fuel, crappy oil, and a sever neglect on the maintence side by previous owner's

rebuild the motor mabey

D

Du`ranain

forgot to mention that the PCV valve is shot, which is my guess for the carbon buildup.
at least i've found the source for lack of power, poor baby's been unable to breathe.