Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Death of my VS (Picture Heavy)

GetToDaChopa

Blues Brother # 2
Reaction score
Members Ride
The Blues Mobile
I know how you feel. You'll find another car that you like just as much if not more, and you are not injured.

sl33per

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
95 VS Executive
shizen. sorry to hear about the car :(
best thing is that ur in one piece n no one else was hurt
and i agree with everyone else, yeh u mightnt find another factory manual, but you can take your factory manual out of it and put it in another car with a screwed motor.
swap it over, n hock off all the bits you dont want, you will make a good amount of mula from it, maybe even pay for the new car??!
well best of luck with it all

im after parts myself,
parcel shelf (that hasnt met a chainsaw to get 6x9s in..)
door trims (preferrably factory elec windows)
whole centre console incl stereo surround and stereo holder?? (wouldnt mind wood grain maybe :p )
theres more but cant think of them off top of my head atm =\

yes i know you might not have half of those, but everyone reading this, if you have these parts or know a mate, pm me :)

well anyway, good luck again, keep us posted of updates :D

sl33per

BIG-EV

Project VT (In Progress)
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
2000 VTII Executive 3.8L Supercharged V6 Wagon
man that sucks i had to swerve to miss a roo at dusk out near kinaroy in an old 1984 bluebird. i made the same mistake and spared the life off the roo but seeing it was a big male i probablywould have come off 2nd best anyways. story was i rolled the car several times and im still here yaya. but yeah if small hit it

ryno_vrx

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR HSV enhanced Berlina
dont worry lad i know alot of people that have seen a animal on the road tried to miss it and next thing they know their car is upside down, me personally i aim for them lol though my car is that low i'd probably get beached on a small rodent

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
But did you miss the cat?!:), I know a lady that swerved to miss a Koala, lost control went down an embankment, rolled it a few times. She still says today that at least she missed the Koala and she would do it all again :), Having instict to miss things is good I reckon, you can be sure someones going to be grumpy at you if you run over a 4 year old kid chasing a ball and didn't try and swerve, just learn to not lock it up next time so you can still steer the thing.

P.S I think you can find a VR/S with a dead motor for very cheap and swap all your nice bits, that would be the thing to do

VPplayer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
Dam that looks painfull.
I hate seeing tragedies like this.
Are you going to repair it or look for another car?

nemesis_adrasteia

better to reign in hell
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR commodore HSV(without all the gay ****)
Unrucky mate, id be lookin for another shell I have one actually im pretty far away tho id assume the factory manual would be worth a bit wouldn't mind it myself

PaulSV6

CHE Tuned 156.8rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6, MY10 VE SV6 Sportswagon & MY03 XC SRI
At least ur ok mate, could have been alot worse

VN_Luke

ƃuoɹʍ ʇsnɾ sı sıɥʇ
Reaction score
Members Ride
Get in the ute
It'll buff o........ DAMMIT someone beat me to it.

Pity about the car - but it's good that you ended up okay. Cars are replacable - kittys and people aren't.

The neg driving ticket is a bit of bollocks - just salt in the wound really... how is swerving to avoid hitting an animal negligent?..

Maybe if you neglected to swerve for it, the ticket would be warranted.

Anyway - parting out is always a bit more trouble than it seems. If you can be bothered waiting for people to show up/not show up, bartering, etc etc - then sure, go for it. - otherwise sell it complete (perhaps keep the manual conversion!)

Good luck!