Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Death of my VS (Picture Heavy)

Jimmy2228

Jimmy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII Ute 5spd
Hey fellas, just thought I'd share the pictures of my now written-off VS :rip:

Late Monday night after I finished work, i was driving home in the pouring rain that NSW is currently experiencing. Before i tell you what happened i would like to say i was NOT breaking the law in any way or form. I was doing 60km/h in a 60 zone and a cat has bailed across the road in front of me, Instinctively i have swerved and lost control and slid up the gutter on the opposite side of the road and straight into a security fence and a large concrete post.

The VS is obviously a write off, and I only have Third Party Property insurance, so at least that covers the damages to the businesses property i hit, but my excess is $1750 with the $400 or so fine i have to pay for Negligent Driving.

Im just glad no one was injured as I was by myself, if i hit on my side i think it could be a different story.

I guess im upset as its quite hard to find a factory manual VS, and its gone. So heres some pictures of my pride and joy :bang:

And yes i know, i should of run over the cat, but it happened so quick it was just an instinct reaction.

ALSO, after some opinions shall i sell it for scrap? Or should i try and sell individual parts and wreck it on this website even?? Anyone after some parts?

CarCrash001.jpg

CarCrash002.jpg

CarCrash004.jpg

CarCrash005.jpg

CarCrash006.jpg

CarCrash007.jpg

CarCrash010.jpg

CarCrash011.jpg

CarCrash012.jpg

CarCrash013.jpg

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
bummer mate. i guess they sting you the fine for not driving to the conditions - put it down to inexperience and move on. Glad you are ok though.

My thoughts on parting - if you have the space and time to do it by all means pull it apart and see what you can get rid of. Pretty common car so if you offload bits at less than the wreckers then you are bound to make more than scrapping it (though i have no idea what scrap pays for a wreck - a wrecking yard will give you very little for it though). Time and space.... and you'll learn plenty pulling bits off.

**waits for the first kid to use the way too old 'it'll buff out' line**

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
better change those instincts. dont swerve. brake if there is noone behind you, otherwise just hit the damn cat

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
Find a good body VS and swap your good bits over.

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
That sucks mate! Does the drivetrain still function to some extent? You may be able to find a VS with a blown motor and do a reshell. You'll definately get more selling the parts but it depends on how much time and patience you have

Astranomical

Ecotec just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Members Ride
AH Astra (daily), VX Berlina, VN Calais, Mazda 626
Sorry to hear mate. Looks like it was a good, clean original car before the accident. As others have said though, you should never swerve to avoid an animal...lots of people have lost it that way.

As for selling parts, even if you don't have the time or space to wreck the whole car, I'd at least take off all the parts required to do a manual conversion and sell them seperately as a kit, get more $$$ for them.

davway

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK LS1 Statesman
you could part it out and try and get the $2150 you have to pay or buy a cheap VS and change all the good bits that are left from this car onto another one.

wreckers will give you squat, same as scrap metal.

CANYONERO

Likes Cheese...
Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 6spd wif MOMO leavaa.
**waits for the first kid to use the way too old 'it'll buff out' line**

it'll buff out :p

seriously man, that sucks. im lucky enough not to be involved in an accident but i have the idea it would be a terrible think to go through. good to hear that you had third party at least :)

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
Judging by the impact in the pictures your drive line shouldn't be affected. Your engine may be slightly off, but it might also be salvageable! Find a cheap VS with a engine that has **** itself but has a good body and swap over everything! A bit of work to do, but would be worth it!