Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Debadge your car in 10 minutes, WARNING dial up users

nicko

Carbon Positive - DO IT!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
75 cruiser ute
Ok, so im sick of seeing the badges on my vt executive. After searching through the forums i noticed there are many different ways to go about it. So i thought i would add the way i debadged my car becuase it only took me 10 minutes and i just sat there not much effort required.

Ok, now here are the products that i used. 3 rags, Nu Finish polish ($17), Prep wash ($10) and some 15lb fishing line worked fine and didnt break after doing 5 badges with one piece.

DSC_0608_edited-1.jpg

Ok so now get some fishing line about 500mm will do fine.

wrap it around your hands or both index fingers, and run it behind the badge u want to remove. use an up and down slicing motion to cut through the glue.

Watch u dont cut yourself with the fishing line. Each badge will take about 20seconds to come off.

Once the badge is off u will be faced with a black lump of glue and prob a decent about of dirt. Using one of the rags dip it lightly into the prepwash and apply it to the glue remains. This will soften it up.

MAKE SURE U DO NOT ALLOW THE PREPWASH TO DRY ON YOUR PAINT!!!

so use another one of the clean rags to wipe off any prepwash that runs down the panel.

Using either a finger nail or your thumb start picking away at the glue it will come off in small bits. I simply got it started with my nail and then rubbed along the glue with my thumb and its slowly rolled up into a ball. kind of like getting blue tak off a mirror.

Once the bulk of the glue is gone apply more prepwash and rub using a finger under your prepwash rag and rub at the left over glue and tape. it will remove any residue and get rid off the dirt marks from the years of build up.

Now most of the glue and dirt will be gone, rub off any excess prepwash.

Apply your polish with a clean soft cotton rag slightly damp and buff over the area where the badge was located. Allow to dry (approx 1 minute) and wipe off with the other end of the rag.

U can continue to add more prepwash to remove any stubborn marks just ensure that u wipe it away, and then polish it again.

Here is the end results of 10 minutes work;

DSC_0604_edited-1.jpg

DSC_0605_edited-1.jpg

DSC_0603_edited-1.jpg

DSC_0606_edited-1.jpg

DSC_0607_edited-1.jpg

Post or PM any questions related.

hope this will help you on your debageing attempts

Last edited:

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
Looks very cleanly done, no marks on the paint work at all, i like how you have emphasised DO NOT LET THE PREPWASH TO DRY ON YOUR PAINT WORK should hopefully deter people from getting rid of their paint.

Hopefully people will come here from now one instead of posting 30000 threads about it... Haha yeah right.

dufus

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
rickshaw
Great write up mate :thumbsup:

nicko

Reaction score
Members Ride
75 cruiser ute
Cheers mate, i was jst getting a bit sick of people asking and u always see the same people writing the same answers so thought i would jst cut out the middle man hopefully ;)

when i have time i will edit and make the pictures about half the res so they load a bit faster hey.

dufus

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
rickshaw
when i have time i will edit and make the pictures about half the res so they load a bit faster hey.

Yeah that would be nice

nicko

Reaction score
Members Ride
75 cruiser ute
ok, photos are about 1/3 the quality now so they should load a bit faster now :thumbsup:

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
Awesome that you went to the trouble of writing this up ^^ Cheers dude, rep left. :)

Wagon_Wheel

Drop A Patch....
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VS Clubsport, VP Wagon Daily
Great write up mate, looks GREAT, not a mark at all, and clearly badgless looks soooooo much better

jet_pilot

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp executive
thank's heap's dude for posting this info as i debadged my car and the glue under the side indicator wouldnt come off even with a heat gun!
i tryed your prepsol method and it all came off dam easy and with a bit of polish look's sweet thank's again mate

nicko

Reaction score
Members Ride
75 cruiser ute
no worries jet pilot. good to hear it working on an older car as well. :thumbsup: