Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Debadge your car in 10 minutes, WARNING dial up users

Prodgers

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S2 SV6
I debadged my car the other week and have some before and after shots here.

I followed the instuctions given. I had to use the prep wash and polish on average 2 times per badge to completely clear everything - i reckon it turned out pretty good.

Note: I know how bad the rear looks with the altezza lights and the VT Garnish - i was going to get it painted, then ran outta money... then decided i want to put the VX Calais lights and garnish in and right at this very moment i'm undecided... please no bashing :whistling

Note2: Yeah the car is bloody dirty - it spent 2 out of the 3 nights prior at the speedway, i washed it after i finished removing the badges.

SAV_117

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE V8 Calais
what can u use other than prep wash. metho or somethin???

DARK SIDE

I’ll Fry Your Ricer
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 HSV V2 GTS Coupe
I am getting rid of my gen 3 badges today and replacing them with the 5.7 high output badges. I have also a gold rear statesman caprice badge on order. Does anyone know if this method will work with the rear centre statesman/caprice emblem badge? I read something on page 1 I think of this thread that it has a hole and it has to be welded or something?

Cheers

O yea and SAV I bought septone wax and grease remover, says it gets rid of glue on paint safely so I am going to give it a go, let you know how it turns out.

VYruckus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S pack
wax and grease works well to. no need to use fishing line. just spray it to the badge and leave for a 1min and spray again. the wax and grease will make the glue go soft.

ScottyC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
I'm in the process of spraying up a replacement bootlid for my VS - I need to get the riveted logo badge off, prep/paint, then put it back on. Anyone got any clues? Assumed to just cut the ends off the rivets and re-attach with tape but is there any trick to allow re-using the rivets?

nicko

Carbon Positive - DO IT!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
75 cruiser ute
what can u use other than prep wash. metho or somethin???

You can use metho just be careful. I have a full tin of prepwash if you want to use it mate

nicko

Carbon Positive - DO IT!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
75 cruiser ute
I'm in the process of spraying up a replacement bootlid for my VS - I need to get the riveted logo badge off, prep/paint, then put it back on. Anyone got any clues? Assumed to just cut the ends off the rivets and re-attach with tape but is there any trick to allow re-using the rivets?

Brand new badges are fairly cheap mate and they come with correct application tape/rivets. Personally i think it will look much nicer if you delete the rear badge all together.

ScottyC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Cheers, Nicko. Will probably go that route, then.

EVAKQ8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec
so the VT bonnet badges have the holes underneath?

just wondering because ive bought a monaro front bumper and its gonna look wierd with 2 holden badges on the front