Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Debadging a VT

snuff33

Get a manual up ya
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore S
i just replaced the holden badges with HSV chrome ones for my VT. they look better than chev badges and saved me from welding up the holes and respraying my panels again

LowerSpasm

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX
I debadged mine a few months ago, got a spotless result with some Tooth Floss, Bug and Tar remover and a hair dryer.

Cant stress how important heating it up is. A mate heated some of his badges and didnt heat some others and you can tell the difference.

Capacious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII Gen3
I debadged mine by just getting a fingernail under the corner of the badge and pushing side to side... most of them are just glue. You can also use a length of fishing line behind the badge to cut through the glue. Only takes a few minutes to do the whole car!
PS It just so happens I sell Chev badges... both with pins and without. PM if you'd like to see photos

Harlzz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt calais series II supercharged v6
Hey can anyone fill me in post's like this helped me get info so I'll take my boot and hood badge's off than paint them black than put them back on anyone know if I need to add more glue and what type

Irukanji

101% Lunacy
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VT Exec LS1 A4
Why anybody would put a Chev badge on a Commodore, I'll never know.

EDIT: Just debadged the VT, took the "commodore", "executive" and the 2 "ecotec v6" badges off. Makes the back look much better, not much of a change to the sides though, might need the clear indicators to be noticeable.

Last edited: