Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Debadging a VT

gysenn

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VT Executive S2
Hey guys.

I was wondering if anybody could tell me what I need to know about Debadging my VT?

I imagine it would leave some kind of glue and/or rust marks underneath... But that's just a guess, I honestly have no idea.

also...

I'll most likely leave it clean, but if I WAS to decide to put Chev badges on it, probably won't, but just in case, how would I go about doing that?

Thanks guys.

keeny

keeny
Reaction score
Members Ride
BAGGED 04 VY SS S2 HBD MANUAL UTE
all badging should come off pretty easy and if you be carefull u shouldnt scratch the paint. then u can pick off the left over adhesive/double sided tape with your fingernail and use wax and greese remover or prepsol to remove any residue. the bonnet emblem and boot emblem do have locating pins and will leave 2 holes in each if you remove the badges so u could either leave them, replace them with chev badges, or weld/ putty up the holes, prep and respray (much more work). good luck.

gysenn

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VT Executive S2
Wow, i'm glad I asked before I tried it, didn't even think about locating pins. Looks like Chev badges are the go then. Would they come with the same locating pins, or would I have to GLue them?

CV60VE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
even though they have locating pins they are still glued on
I took off my executive badge today off my VT wagon and plan to take the commodore one off another day and move it up higher
take alook at this thread is heaps good
https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/debadge-your-car-10-minutes-warning-dial-up-users.64638

to get rid of the remaining glue i just used a tiny bit of metho let it sock in then started rubbing away at it it come off in like a minute then just gave the area a nice polish and come out good

ajvx01

Reaction score
Members Ride
308 vc
please no chevs!also with the other side badges a hair drier or weak heat gun will soften the glue and reduce risk of damaging paint.

slowandlow

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy executive
i debadged mine before i got it painted. its a good look. i reckon it makes new paint look better if its done well

CV60VE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
also thought i would ask instead of making a new thread does anyone know of a good adhesive to re glue them back on

keeny

keeny
Reaction score
Members Ride
BAGGED 04 VY SS S2 HBD MANUAL UTE
you mighy be able to get some good 3M double sided tape. i dont like the badges and on my vt i only had the boot emblem and the front emblem on my monaro front bar , made it look really clean.

johnnyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX equipt
hey mate
i looked at another persons post and removed my badges the way they said, but for some reason it removed the gloss that was under the 'commodore' badge and the 'equipt' badge. so basically there is 2 rectangles left where the 2 badges used to be.. what do i do? i tried a cut n polish but it didnt do anything

Kunu

chasing the big 300!!!
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
97VT SSsuper6(179rwkw),daily barina,2008 VE Clubby
I degadged my vt with a hair dryer and then used abit of metho quick wipe/then clean afew times till all off and viola...just make sure that you wash it straight after aswell to make sure no metho is left on the area....the 2 holes you can get welded and just a respray your prob looking at about $300 each boot/bonnet :)