Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Decal Ideas for SSV Redline Sportwagon - Series II

SSV Redline

You Ride I Ride
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II SSV Redline Sportwagon
Has anybody designed a decal for the sides of the sportwagon and is willing to share it with us.

We did an extensive google search for decal ideas and most / all were designed to suit either sedans and utes.

We have spoken to few decal suppliers and they all say the same: "Can you send us the art work or an idea on what you want." We were hoping they might have a few ideas of their own or have done similar projects in the past to guide us in making the final decision.

Would like to tap into your ideas, save ourselves a few bucks on the design and end up with a decal that transforms our Karma (Blue) Sportwagon into something that indicates there is a beast lurking beneath the skin. Thought the design might look cool if it incorporated the words 'SSV' and 'Redline' in it. Am thinking Silver and Red would look good on Karma (blue).

FAQ's

No I dont want to re-paint the car.

Yes I like Karma (Blue).

No I didn't get a choice in colour, it was the only one they had at that price and it was a bloody good deal ($50K on road).

Yes my wife still looks good topless in the front seat even though it is Karma Blue.

No my wife is not Karma Blue.

No I do not have any pictures to share of my wife topless even though she appeared on the front cover of FHM a few years ago.

Yes I love my wife and should not embarrass her on this site, but she's used to that after 22 years of marriage to musician.

No I am not thinking about putting a Chevy grille/badge on the front, although I really dont like the Lion in Chrome and am thinking of painting it black.

Yes our number plate is 0400HP even though the car produces around 362 BHP.

Yes I use to be 'that' bass player from 'that' band. But who cares, I now, after 32 years of owning jags am a first time SSV owner and I wont be driving this one into a swimming pool. Long story and it involved substances.

No, I'm not allowed to say we own a Holden as that was the name of our recently departed dog. Canine's dont bounce off garbage trucks even though they smell of them is irresistable to them. Who knew! So we have bought a SSV. and not a Holden, sorry.

Hoping you can help with some decal design ideas.

Cheers Rhino.

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
without going into the topless/pool/dog/garbage truck side of thigs... how big do you want this decal and where on the car? Drivers door, pass door, whole side? After images or just words? Answer those and I'll nut out a couple of ideas for you if you like.

Oh.. and a decent quality photo of the side of your car would be handy also.

bennypage

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S2 SS Sportwagon
What band were you in?

Coast_Calais

sick of the idiots here
Reaction score
Members Ride
varies
@ Rusty, I think you missed the point of the faq's... ;)

@ Tin, Eagerly awaiting your work.. No pressure :hmmm:

@ SSV Redline (in blue .. Er.. Karma), :thumbsup: