Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Decal Ideas for SSV Redline Sportwagon - Series II

Haluigi

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 ssv g8 ute
That last one does look pretty sweet. What about the kpm decal available. I reckon that is brilliant and if he flesh have or want any kpm goodies then use it at least for a template?

SSV Redline

You Ride I Ride
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II SSV Redline Sportwagon
My wife is the one who wants a decal. She has an unhealthy aversion to station wagons, however being a muso a station wagon with a decent towing capacity is a must for me. The sportwagon was the only comprimise we could both agree on. It is also the first Holden we have ever considered in 32 years of driving. The price dictated the colour. It was the only one at that price. Wifey isn't a big fan of the colour, she strongly believes, as I do that it understates the breast under the bonnet. Hense we are considering a decal. It also helps that the guitarist in a former band owns a vinyl decal printing business. Why waste a perfect opportunity. What do people think about the Pacer decal on a sportwagon. Yes. No. Always. Never.

I know some of you think I am trying too hard, but we recently lost absolutely everything in the Brissie floods and I mean everything. Basses, amps, awards, gold records, everything. This car represents a whole new beginning for us and so we are trying hard to get it right at the beginning. Sorry for trying so hard.

jasonsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SR POS
god the wagon needs some bigger rims if dumped like that

SSV Redline

You Ride I Ride
Reaction score
Members Ride
have a set of bigger / wider rims that came off our last twin turbo 300ZX, maybe they'll fit

Smitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF SV340 R8 Tourer, VK race car, ZX12R
Has anybody designed a decal for the sides of the sportwagon and is willing to share it with us.

We did an extensive google search for decal ideas and most / all were designed to suit either sedans and utes.

We have spoken to few decal suppliers and they all say the same: "Can you send us the art work or an idea on what you want." We were hoping they might have a few ideas of their own or have done similar projects in the past to guide us in making the final decision.

Would like to tap into your ideas, save ourselves a few bucks on the design and end up with a decal that transforms our Karma (Blue) Sportwagon into something that indicates there is a beast lurking beneath the skin. Thought the design might look cool if it incorporated the words 'SSV' and 'Redline' in it. Am thinking Silver and Red would look good on Karma (blue).

FAQ's

No I dont want to re-paint the car.

Yes I like Karma (Blue).

No I didn't get a choice in colour, it was the only one they had at that price and it was a bloody good deal ($50K on road).

Yes my wife still looks good topless in the front seat even though it is Karma Blue.

No my wife is not Karma Blue.

No I do not have any pictures to share of my wife topless even though she appeared on the front cover of FHM a few years ago.

Yes I love my wife and should not embarrass her on this site, but she's used to that after 22 years of marriage to musician.

No I am not thinking about putting a Chevy grille/badge on the front, although I really dont like the Lion in Chrome and am thinking of painting it black.

Yes our number plate is 0400HP even though the car produces around 362 BHP.

Yes I use to be 'that' bass player from 'that' band. But who cares, I now, after 32 years of owning jags am a first time SSV owner and I wont be driving this one into a swimming pool. Long story and it involved substances.

No, I'm not allowed to say we own a Holden as that was the name of our recently departed dog. Canine's dont bounce off garbage trucks even though they smell of them is irresistable to them. Who knew! So we have bought a SSV. and not a Holden, sorry.

Hoping you can help with some decal design ideas.

Cheers Rhino.

decals on a SSV wagon..???? WTF? :boxing:
definitely substance abuse required for that post :rofl2:
coz
I reckon you have to be kidding (and I say that as owner of a de-badged SSV wagon!)

Smitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF SV340 R8 Tourer, VK race car, ZX12R
............. It was the only one at that price. Wifey isn't a big fan of the colour, she strongly believes, as I do that it understates the breast under the bonnet. .............

very funny post from someone who said his wife was once on the front of FHM :rofl2:

SSV Redline

You Ride I Ride
Reaction score
Members Ride
Glad you got the pun Smitty, I though it was funny too.

Contrary to some valid opinions we are still considering a subtle decal for the side of the sportwagon.

Just got a quote of $554 to do paint protection, leather/carpet protection and full tint. Dealer quoted $1795 for same with rust protection - ouch!

KPM cat backs (2.5 inch) have been ordered and are on their way - $2460 fitted.

Car Bra, and bumper bar protector ordered too. I plan to lug some basses and amps in her so I needed a roll out rubber mat to protect the rear bumper. 40kg amps and 30kg speaker cabs can be awkward in the rain after playing a three set gig.

Tomorrow I go in search of a tow bar. Dealer has included the wiring harness so its a DIY job to fit it.

Thanks for everyones comments so far.