Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Decent Brake Shop in Newie

Sam_100

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SV6
Hey anyone know a decent brake shop in Newcastle????

My VX has a bit of history with brakes. Replaced warped front rotors in 08 with originals. Brake pulsing was still evident so put up with the problem until it became unbearable. Took it to a brake shop and they machined the rears which solved the problem temporarily. After about 2000 kms, problem came back with a vengeance. Steering wheel would vibrate like hell and the gear shift was pulsing.

Finally got front and rears including pads replaced by my local mechanic last year in Nov hoping it would solve the problem. It did intially however the steering wheel is starting to shimmy when I brake at high speed 70k and above. I have only done about 4000 km on the new brakes. Front rotors were replaced with DBA slotted rotors and bendix CT pads.

This problem has got me f*@#$ed. I am seriously thinking of selling the commodore and getting a jap or euro car.

Any assistance is much appreciated for this frustrated person.

Hangman

Aspiring Sociopath
Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Land Yacht
I use Capital Brakes in town. The bloke there's always helped me out when I've gone there, however I've only ever got parts through them so can't comment on their work.