Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Decent ZB review

wobbles123

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SV6 Auto Ute, 2013 VF SV6 Auto Sedan.
Quite a bit of info

These so called driving experts cannot keep the car on the on the left hand side of the road....always over the centre lines...note the corners where the car goes over the centre lines.....obviously it is not meant to corner at that speed safely...unless you hit the brake....and slow down so as not to have a head on prang with a car travelling in the opposite direction....and do not tell me it was under controlled conditions with no cars in the opposite direction....so much for teaching P platers the correct procedure for cornering.

Smashfist

Reaction score
Members Ride
440rwhp Cammed VF Ute
and the 2.0 Turbo needs premium fuel.

Not sure that's a big issue really. The 2.0 turbo goes roughly as well as a VF SV6 and uses a fair chunk less fuel. Real world I've been averaging less than 10L/100 and I haven't been really easy on it either. That's a mixed run of commute and highway.

VT&VX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim
Looks ok actually.
I was in traffic and then traffic stopped. I turned my head and there it was. ZB on a tilted display stand.
So YOU must have seen it from a different angle.

markalan1two

Smile and wave boys !!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
X5 BMW, GenF2 GTS, HSV Y R8, AMG C43
He certainly sounds like a ballchinian!

Zeke Topanaga

Reaction score
Members Ride
HX Sandman p van 308 4speed
Fuel tank looks in a bad position to get hit and the front is very low and them main chassis beams at the front sure are low to get hit as is the V6 sump plug to get wiped out.

Keepleft

Mot Adv-NSW
Reaction score
thumbnail.jpeg
Just a quick one;

REAR FOG:
All 2018 Commodore and Calais get a rear fog light function, first time for this namesake. (Red lens compartment closest to center-boot area). Switch for the rear fog is right side of the oval panel, push on and yellow telltale lights (low or high beam must be ON, or front fogs, where fitted, such as Calais) to show its operation.

WARNING TRIANGLE (See Pic)
Calais only, at this time, gets a safety warning triangle to Euro/UN Spec (Accepted under AS/NZ3790B); stowage spot for this item, for all sedan/hatch variants is located inside the lower boot lip.

I expect this item will eventually be standardised across the range. Used for breakdown and crash scene advanced warning - where hazard lights alone don't function, or can't be seen (crests, curves, bends).

Note;
Rear fog cannot be accidentally hit on, and it deactivates once either the ignition is off, or the headlight switch is turned off.

Last edited:

EOD132

Reaction score
Members Ride
2018 ZB Calais V
I understand what your saying. But remember, there hasn't been a true aussie V8 since the VTs1 or VSs3.
If they fitted a 3.5ltr V8 would you be happy? Or if it was a 6ltr but front wheel drive?
To be honest, if you like the VF, keep it. And then in 5years buy a really low km 2nd hand VF.
This new ZB sounds all good if you look at it from the point of view that you are a responsible driver and want something bigger than a corolla to cart your family around in. And don't want a pathetic city 4x4.

I took possession of a V6 AWD ZB Calais V this morning. I had to wait 3 months for it to be made and shipped to Brisbane but the wait has been worth it. I have only driven it about 50 km so far but I have have no reason to think it won’t be a very good vehicle.
I have owned many Euro cars and Caprice models in the past and must say the fit and finish is superb.
More to come as we get to know each other !

EOD132

Reaction score
Members Ride
2018 ZB Calais V
Say what u will about this new car to me it's bloody disgusting to call it a commodore :mad:, the commodore name should of died with the vf..... This new thing is ugly as sin, no v8 model need I say anymore
Perhaps you should take a test drive in one before you make such disparaging remarks about this car. I’d bet you have never been in or driven one and also that you could never afford to buy one.

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
I took possession of a V6 AWD ZB Calais V this morning. I had to wait 3 months for it to be made and shipped to Brisbane but the wait has been worth it. I have only driven it about 50 km so far but I have have no reason to think it won’t be a very good vehicle.
I have owned many Euro cars and Caprice models in the past and must say the fit and finish is superb.
More to come as we get to know each other !
Thats great to hear.
Looking forward to your reviews after a few months with it.
P.s. don't assume what vr304 can or cannot afford