Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Decent ZB review

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
^^^ True story. But a fairly weak excuse by them as that they sell over 500,000 F150 ‘trucks’ per year in the USA, plus all the other Euro and Jap ‘foreign’ brands that are manufactured there.
What overall difference would 20,000 Holdens per year, if lucky, made to US jobs ?

Another thing that craps me, is that the Oz Gubbermint ‘bought’ the Holden and Ford factories how many times over with their tax payer funded subsidies over the years. They should have been nationalised, renamed, and start again.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Interesting comment about the amount of subsidies the locals received over the years. Perhaps they should have handed over their factories to the government at the end of production, instead of being able to sell them. At least we would have got some small part of those subsidies back.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
I've finally driven one. A black V6 AWD. I like it. A lot. It's a very nicely appointed car. Handling is great for a mid range model too. Very sure footed and well planted on the road. I love the 9spd auto too. The seats are great too. Better than the VF SV6. Those extendable front sections are super cool.
Between our private and company cars, we own 4 SV6's. The ZB is a better drive generally. Although I did find the brakes lacking (maybe I'm too used to 4W Brembo's?) and the steering is a little on the light side. But, I'd own one in a heartbeat. Very nice car. 4.5☆'s from me.

Paul Smedley

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY23 Tesla Model 3 RWD, MY23 Tesla Model Y RWD
I bought a ZB Calais V a week ago and picked it up on Wednesday, replacing a VF2 Calais V. Really like the technology and performance in it. Styling is a bit bland (IMHO), but wife likes it :) Nice read 426Cuda - sure the ZB doesn't have a V8, but that doesn't mean it's a bad car.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
I bought a ZB Calais V a week ago and picked it up on Wednesday, replacing a VF2 Calais V. Really like the technology and performance in it. Styling is a bit bland (IMHO), but wife likes it :) Nice read 426Cuda - sure the ZB doesn't have a V8, but that doesn't mean it's a bad car.

it does indeed take the effort to take one out for a drive , the AWD V6 one I test drove stuck to the road like a limpet ,on the windy back roads of NZ
Back when I was a police officer , I drove a number of Commodores from the VR up ( even a AU Falcon which was hopeless) , when I left it was a VF SV6 , the ZB leaves every model prior in the dust , it is so far ahead of previous models .

hazid

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Ute
A Commodore is NOT a lift back.

Should have named that pussy looking VF successor a VG.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
A Commodore is NOT a lift back.

Should have named that pussy looking VF successor a VG.
VG was used previously. If you knew anything about Commodores, you would have known that. Another armchair expert.

redvxr8clubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport R8 & VE SS
VG was used previously. If you knew anything about Commodores, you would have known that. Another armchair expert.

mmm VG Commodore? My recollection is VB, VC, VH, VK, VL, VN, VP, VR, VS, VT, VY, VZ, VE, VF - no VG unless you think Valiant VG around 1970 1971.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6

Tonner Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6
mmm VG Commodore? My recollection is VB, VC, VH, VK, VL, VN, VP, VR, VS, VT, VY, VZ, VE, VF - no VG unless you think Valiant VG around 1970 1971.

The VG commodore was a ute based off the VN platform