Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Decicrates VS L67 T56 'S' Pack

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Well got some more good news yesterday, I got my acceptance to the Australian Hill Climb Championship at Mt Cotton at the end of the month and I also got my acceptance to the Historic Noosa Hill climb on the 9/10 of November!!
I finally get to drive my car again!!!!!

Make sure to get photo's & videos of these events! Good luck for them too.

Darren_L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SS
Hey Darren, the quick "freshen up" has turned in to an out of control revamp!!!
It will be good to catch up again at Lakeside. I was thinking about going to Phillip Island for a super sprint in November but with no real testing I am a bit worried that it is a long tow truck ride home!
So I maybe going to Lakeside instead.
Be good to see your beast out on the track again!!

Barry, would have been a good run at PI, awesome track, but yeah you'd have to trailer it, just in-case something went wrong....
445rwhp is incredible, must be some sort of record for S/C V6 Commo -congrats on the results
Shame your hill climb coincides with Lakeside sprints, was keen to see your lap times drop even further, although I think traction is now going to be your main issue.
Might catch you at the next one! Anyway all the best with the hill climb events, post pics and videos!

Decicrate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67
Barry, would have been a good run at PI, awesome track, but yeah you'd have to trailer it, just in-case something went wrong....
445rwhp is incredible, must be some sort of record for S/C V6 Commo -congrats on the results
Shame your hill climb coincides with Lakeside sprints, was keen to see your lap times drop even further, although I think traction is now going to be your main issue.
Might catch you at the next one! Anyway all the best with the hill climb events, post pics and videos!

Hey Darren, yeah PI would of been fun, and yes the smart thing to do would be to trailer there and back!!
The power and torque is keeping a smile on my face at the moment. Once I get a few track days on the old girl I will give it a retune and up the limiter to 7200rpm and see where it goes from there. There is a couple in the states that are still running the M90 and are in the 450 bracket, so a little more chasing needs to be done!!!
It is a bummer that that Lakeside and the HC are on the same day, but there is always others!!
It will be good to catch up again at the track you will have to get your friend with the blue VE? to come out again as well!

Darren_L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SS
ha-ha yeah I haven't spoken to Pete (aka VE Calais) for a while. But I want to get back in contact with him, he loves track days and drives that 'luxobarge' as he refers to it as, to it's absolute limits!

It is a bit of a shame about the clashing dates, but you can get to a sprint day anytime, can't knock back the hillclimbs. I'd like to get out to a few more track days next year once I get some more track orientated rubber so I'll let you know next time I plan on going out and hopefully we will get the chance to catch up again - I look forward to it. By that stage you'll probably have another 100hp :)

Decicrate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67
Had an absolute blast at the Australian Hill Climb Championship on the weekend!
It was great to get back behind the wheel and drive the car at race pace again.

I am now the Australian Hill Climb Champion in 2A Sports Car Closed over 3001CC.
This is the first National event that I have managed to get a first place in! It is also the first time I have won prize money for racing my car.

I have some in car footage that I will get uploaded later in the week and post.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 648
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    168.4 KB · Views: 666

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Awesome...well done !!

Decicrate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67
A video of Sunday at the hill climb. It gives a pretty good perspective of what the track is like and what type of cars run at these events.

I am at 37:04 but watch the Skyline that is straight after me. Unfortunately, not all goes to plan at the Hill and when it goes wrong, it usually hurts!

Last edited by a moderator:

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
do love that whine from the front on view :p

congrats aswell.