Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Decicrates VS L67 T56 'S' Pack

Decicrate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67
Regarding the intake on this, was there much firewall massaging to fit it or it hasn't been fitted yet? Kinda keen to see the results.
Wouldn't the standard intake have a venturi effect?
With the attached pdf file you added, love how the 200 hp vs ute has the same time as the two HSV 400 hp cars (Maloof and Monaro CV8)

There is a bit of massaging needed for it to fit. The VS is pretty easy, but the later girls need a decent amount of persuasion for it to fit, but it can be done.
The stock intake is a choke for these blowers once you start to spin the hell out of them. The M90 needs a nice unrestricted path for it to be able to keep up.
The new intake is not just about size, it is also about changing the air stream a little to help get rid of some dead areas in the intake.

The track times are quite funny to look at. So many think just because you have power you are going to be fast, but there is so much more involved.
If more people looked at the times that cars do at "sprint" style track days, they would soon understand big is not always better...

Wombles

Cars cost too much.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'72 LJ Torana, '95 VS Acclaim and V8 wagon
It also takes skill. Would love to see what works done to the vs to make the intake fit.

Decicrate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67
It also takes skill. Would love to see what works done to the vs to make the intake fit.

I will post some pics in the next couple of weeks

boingk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG Ute, VR Wagon
Any updates on this thing mate? Awesome ride and probably the highest I've ever seen out of the M90/L67 combo!

- boingk

C B

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VY II Storm Ute
^^Agree
Just gone through the whole thread mate, awesome work :thumbsup: Sounds awesome in the videos :)

Decicrate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67
I started it a couple weeks ago!!!!

But no I have not had time to do much. Have a heap of new bits to bolt on, just hard finding the time to do it all.

I am hoping by mid May the big port M90, new cam and the alloy heads will be on.

Decicrate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67
Got the new Brushworks Cam in and the blower on and done,
Also got to take her for a drive to Sydney to go do some laps at Marulan Driver training Center.

newenginebay.jpg
attachment.php

Decicrate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67
A couple of videos

Doing some passenger runs

Last edited by a moderator:

Grega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT1 Berlina, VX1 Berlina, VX2 Berlina
Baz, I know its a bit of a thread dig, but are you still going with this?

Haltech 6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim & HSV XU6 VT II
That is some pretty impressive info there I am extremely jealous I have a long way to go before mine gets anywhere near that. I always wondered if anyone had done a six speed conversion behind a L67 I would dearly love one but I think it is out of the question with my budget so will have to put up with what I have for now.

Chris